Vacancy for a Resident Engineer
for MISP Programme
MISP (Municipal Infrastructure Support Programme), financed by EU, managed by the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Serbia, assists municipalities in Serbia in the preparation of project documentation and implementation of municipal infrastructure projects. MISP is focused on supporting environmental and economical projects (drinking water, waste water treatmant, solid waste management and industrial zones). Since 2005, more than 14 projects, of the total value of over 65 million Euros, have been implemented.
The main goal of MISP is the improvement of the infrastructure services management in municipalities and to increase investment in the infrastructure, in order to meet EU standards on environmental protection and sustainable economic development. MISP is also assisting municipalities and PUC’s throughout the complete process of infrastructure projects realization - from application, Feasibility studies (SLAP2.0), budget management and advising on projects implementation.
EPTISA, Spanish engineering company, which chairs the consortium of two more foreign companies: ROYAL HASKONING and VNG, is in charge of MISP project realization.
More information can be found at: www.misp-serbia.rs
Municipal Infrastructure Support Programme, financed by EU, managed by managed by the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Serbia, is looking to expand its staff by recruiting a
RESIDENT ENGINEER (on projects throughout Serbia)
Junior Short Term Expert – JR07
The consortium will provide contract administration and works supervision services to municipal infrastructure projects in compliance with the PRAG and applicable Serbian Construction Law.
We are looking for a candidate to execute the following tasks:
- Supervise the implementation of the works in compliance with the Contract Requirements and within time and budget limits;
- Prepare reports and other documentation required under the EC (PRAG) procedures;
- Contract administration and site supervision management duties throughout the duration of the assignment;
- Efficient fulltime supervision and control of the Project related activities;
- Responsible as the Supervisor under Serbian Construction Law; and
- Responsible for ensuring adherence between the Works Contracts requirements and Serbian legislation with respect to the supervision of the works including processing of all construction documentation.
The ideal candidate must fulfil the following requirements:
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in Civil Engineering (water management, wastewater, water supply) or equivalent
- Fluency in English language, written and speaking
- Valid license(s) to practice works supervision issued by the Serbian Engineering Chamber
- In-depth knowledge of Serbian Law on Construction and all related regulations and procedures related to implementation of works contracts
- Knowledge of FIDIC Conditions of Contract / PRAG
- Valid Driving licence
- Computer literacy
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Serbia in the implementation (construction and supervision) of civil engineering works – water management / waste water structures will be a definite asset
- Minimum 3 years Experience in a similar projects environment
Expert will work on the following assignments:
- Supervise implementation of the Works according to the Contract, Design Documentation, Work Plan and other relevant documentation
- Coordinate and support the activities of Assistants to Supervisor/ Engineer according to the work progress and within allocated inputs and budgets
- Maintain all administration, record keeping and all contract related correspondence and documentation on site
- Responsible for verification of Contractor’s daily site diary as required by Serbian Law on Construction.
- Coordinate and report on the Contractor works design submission
- Prepare weekly review reports and Monthly Progress Reports according to the supervision manual procedure
- Attendance of monthly progress meetings and coordinate weekly site meetings
- Attendance of any special interim site meetings when and as required
- Prepare Minutes of all supervision meetings
- Report in writing only to Chief Resident Engineer and Chief Engineer or Team Leader any irregularities or problems related to the delivery of supervision services
- Organise and control the Contract related correspondence and documentation in MISP main office and the distribution of the same to the related parties and staff
- Liaise with Local Authorities and Beneficiaries; organise and control the related correspondence and documentation
- Organise and control the Contract related correspondence and documentation on Site office
- Process Contractor’s interim progress payments (IPCs)
- Evaluate and, where appropriate, approve and recommend payment of variation orders
- Evaluate and recommend payment or rejection of Contractor’s claims
- Ensure comprehensive liaison with MISP main office with respect to all project administration, finance and correspondence
- In conjunction with contractor, prepare project cash flow
- Witness and report on commissioning of works and equipment
- Validate handover certificate and authorize penultimate payment, including partial release of retention money (where applicable)
- Maintain a project vehicle logbook
- Any other related duties as may be reasonably required.
For detailed ToR visit the official MISP website at http://www.misp-serbia.rs/?page_id=1999
The position is open to all nationalities. The candidates must be willing to live and work in Municipalities where the projects are being implemented with frequent travels throughout the region.
If you meet the above mentioned requirements and have the passion to become part of MISP team, please send us your CV in English together with a letter of interest not later than 10 of June 2012. Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.