Polus Tech is an international company delivering secure telecom network solutions to customers around the globe with headquarters in Zug, Switzerland and a newly established office in Belgrade. Our client portfolio is fast- growing and we do everything to deliver a high-class service.
We are happy and excited to invite you to join our fast-growing team in Belgrade as
Polus Tech is looking for a motivated Accountant responsible for day to day operations in the finance department in Belgrade, responsible for all areas relating to financial accounting under IFRS and conforming to internal control processes and procedures. The candidate will work in a small team and collaborate with the Senior Accountant and CFO, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting. The role addresses a full range of accounting and tax activities in various jurisdictions, including general ledger preparation, sub-ledger, financial reporting, quarter end, and year-end audit preparation, etc. The candidate will be a support for the budget & planning process and the extended Sales & Marketing team in all finance-related issues.
- Responsible for timely and accurate maintenance of general ledger and sub-ledger accounts, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory holdings, expense reports, accruals, capital and asset accounts, travel expense accounting, payroll records, taxation & intercompany;
- Ensures timely and accurate accounts and financial reports in four jurisdictions (Australia, Singapore, Switzerland and Serbia) under IFRS and support statutory requirements;
- Maintains and develops strong business controls & processes to support the International operations of Polus Tech company;
- Supports the presentation of consistent and reliable financial data with a comparison analysis for the monthly/quarterly international review meeting;
- Ensures procurement requisition/ purchase order workflow according to a company policy;
- Ensures government reporting and remittances are compliant as required by local regulation;
- Prepares detailed transactional data for the completion of VAT returns for all necessary jurisdictions;
- Performs assigned key controls over financial reporting;
- Develops and leads initiatives to digitize workflows to gain efficiency.
- Finance Qualifications (CA, CPA or similar).
- 3 - 5 years of experience of qualified accounting work.
- Proficiency in English.
- IFRS experience and Serbian statutory standard, any other financial reporting standard would be considered beneficial.
- International indirect and direct tax experience is a plus.
- Computer & Systems – Fluent in ERP systems, SAP preferred.
- Standard software packages such as MS office (high Excel skills required).
- Strong financial accounting background.
- Ability to make things happen; mastering workflows.
- Proactive and flexible team player – ability to work in a diverse and multicultural team.
- Detail oriented and working with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to manage tight schedules, prioritize, juggle tasks and plan according to all business needs.
What You Can Expect:
- Dynamic international working environment
- Attractive employment conditions
- Short communication channels
- A creative and fun workspace downtown
- Referral bonus
- Sponsored trainings, education and team buildings
This position is a perfect opportunity for an experienced Accountant who wishes to expand their skills, take on extra responsibilities and to become a part of a friendly, young team of people who are passionate about business.
If you believe you are the right person for this position, please submit your CV in English.
We’d love to hear from you.
Deadline for applications: 14.08.2019.