We are looking for an:
Role based in Belgrade, Serbia
- Opportunity to work in a world-class organization
- Fixed-term contract
About the role
We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor who will operate within the Rio Tinto Minerals business unit of Rio Tinto group (RT) which encompasses developing the Jadar Project, a lithium-borate discovery in Serbia.
The role will include aspects of accounting, finance and ad-hoc reporting, working with RSE finance team, RT projects team and other finance teams within RT.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the accounting supervisor:
- Oversees accurate and timely maintenance of financial books and ensures effective and timely production of reporting needs, financial integrity of the books, accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Contributes to the financial consolidation, reporting and presentation of RTM Jadar Project in a timely and accurate fashion
- Improves continuously the efficiency of accounting processes, including ones that are closely connected with other Jadar teams (Source to order, Payroll…)
- Supports the implementation of SAP from the project mode to the potential start of production
- Seeks to enhance internal controls and maintain compliance with SOX requirements for internal controls over financial reporting
- Manages the transition of tax matters for the company in cooperation with the external tax support provider to internalize value added processes
- In charge of coordinating internal and external financial audits in cooperation with the external tax support provider
- Aligns project accounting processes and ensures coordination with other support functions
- Embraces and supports compliance oriented culture and processes
- Contributes to the development of the overall project and regional finance strategy
- Provides timely and accurate ad hoc reporting and analysis of finance related data for senior management
- Assists management in understanding financial performance and in identifying areas for improvement
- Participates and support collaborate forums with other regional finance leaders
- College/University Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field required
- Other Qualifications:
- At least five years of accounting experience - in the mining industry is a clear advantage
- Good communication, important to establish good communications and team work with operations personnel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluent in both Serbian and English
- CIMA or ACCA is an advantage
- At least five years of supervising accounting in a process or a mining industrial setting
- Expertise on MS Excel
- Ability to understand Rio Tinto financial practices and business processes
- Excellent analytical skills and the capacity to translate the needs of the finance community
- Exhibits critical thinking skills that promote implementing value-adding ideas and concepts. This individual is comfortable with supporting organizational change
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work and communicate with peers
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with business partners
- Ability to work effectively across departmental and organizational boundaries
About the Jadar Project
The Jadar Project is a world-class lithium-borate deposit discovered by Rio Tinto in 2004. Jadar is a unique deposit near the town of Loznica, Serbia. It contains Jadarite - a new lithium sodium borosilicate mineral. Jadar is the only place in the world where this mineral can be found. Jadar has been ranked as one of the largest lithium deposits in the world with a potential to supply a significant amount of the global demand for lithium and boric acid. If developed, Jadar will be a modern underground mine with efficient processing and shipping facilities.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Deadline for applications: 25.10.2019.