The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence.
To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The Assistance Division is providing field operations with strategic support and field expertise in 4 key areas: Economic security, Health care services, Water & Habitat, as well as Weapon Contamination.
The Assistance data quality officer will be a member of the Assistance Division, supporting its information systems and system procedures. S/he will ensure the proper application of data policies and the coherence and harmonization of data to enable the translation of data into usable insights for its programmes across the globe. S/he will assume accountability for data quality, by closely monitoring accuracy, completeness and timeliness, and ensure that data marts reflect the figures entered in the various system applications and the periodic narratives submitted by field offices.
The Belgrade Support Service Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Assistance Data Quality Officer (L2)
- Applies standard ICRC support processes, including call registration and compliance with L1, L2, L3 support processes
- Verifies the proper application of division policies and data quality rules and resolve issues in collaboration with database administrators and the field
- Consolidates and processes field data for all the units and centralize as the ‘single source of truth’
- Ensures continuity and smooth transition of data through updates or system changes
- Monitors and improves data quality through automated tests and spot checks
- Validates key measures in data marts reflect entries in various system sources
- In the case of changes and upgrades to data sources, provides support to user-acceptance testing
- Identifies, documents recurrent data issues and functional problems and escalate them to application support
- Executes investigations into the nature of data quality issues and documents them in the Knowledge Database
- Resolves data quality issues in collaboration with the field data operators, administrators, officers and coordinators to align with reporting guidelines and policies
- Contributes to proposals for the improvement of data quality, structure and model, based on recurrent incidents and statistics
- Contributes to maintaining reporting guidelines and policies based on feedback from application users
- Contributes to institutional reports, dashboards, management and field reports by ensuring the coherence of data.
- Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, or a similar technical field
- 2 to 3 years proven experience in a relevant field
- Experience with data management, business intelligence, help desk procedures, user support or system maintenance
- Ability to understand technical documentation on complex situations and analyse quantitative information
- Interest in international affairs and humanitarian issues
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer, process and solution oriented
- Excellent in English (oral & written)
- Knowledge of front-end tools such as Tableau and QlikView, RDB Programming (SQL, Oracle Rdb), statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, R)
- Experience in humanitarian contexts, including armed conflict settings
- Knowledge of French, Spanish, Russian or Arabic (oral & written)
- Experience in using corporate service management tools (Ticketing tool)
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 21.01.2018.