BI / Big Data Developer I
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
NCR is seeking individuals with demonstrated capability in the applied analytic and/or data science space. Proficiency in data development, analytical algorithms, advanced mathematics, and/or statistical modeling is required. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our Smart Services Production Management Team as a BI/Big Data Developer.
This role will be engaged in the design and development of analytical solutions across all the Services Business within NCR. The key requirements for this position are demonstrated abilities to communicate complex ideas, leverage mathematical concepts to effectively model business processes, and decipher and solve the toughest business problems.
“Big Data” analytics is happening right now at NCR. Our company is looking to supplement the current analytics effort with excited and driven individuals to help design, develop, and deploy advanced data analytics and decision intelligence to continue revolutionizing this 130+ year old business. If you are looking for an opportunity to inject your ideas and influence a growing data driven culture and gain operational experience with Big Data, NCR is the right place for you.
- Understand customer business use cases and be able to translate them to analytical data applications and models with a vision on how to implement a solution.
- Clearly communicate the business and technical benefits of analytics and visualization to both business and technical audiences.
- Support subsequent business units in developing and implementing dashboard visualizations and other analytical solutions.
- Work closely with other members of the services analytics team to drive the implementation of these solutions.
- Manipulate, aggregate and derive useful information from data stored across many sources and different databases.
- Be willing to learn: Develop expertise in areas outside of core comfort zone and learn from experienced members of the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics or equivalent experience
- Ability to work within flexible working hours or 2PM-10PM.
- 1-2 years of experience in the applied analytic space
- Programming skills & experience in Python, R required. Other languages with respect to application in data analytics preferred.
- Ability to apply data analysis to solve a business problem that has a real impact to customers
- Must be self-motivated, results driven, and able to work with minimum supervision, excellent team player
- Intellectually curious: Willingness to try solutions and work through failures
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and customer relationship skills – able to work effectively with internal customer from developers and Operations personnel through senior management
- Strong understanding of algorithms and advanced data structures.
Deadline for applications: 27.07.2019.