Backend Engineer - Doodle Team
Our partner Doodle.com is the world’s favorite online scheduling tool with over 25 million monthly users around the globe. People use Doodle to plan everything from dinners with friends and family gatherings to business meetings. We want even more get-togethers to be organized with Doodle and we are looking to expand our team in Belgrade!
We are looking for a
Who will join our small, international team composed of engineers from 6 nationalities spread across Zurich, Berlin and Tel Aviv. Somebody who will care about engineering culture and engineering quality, and on top of that, somebody who is passionate about his/her work!
- Use your technical expertise with state-of-the-art technologies to help build Doodle’s future architecture
- Design, develop, test and maintain RESTful APIs and services to serve millions of users
- Be a key player in a cross-functional team: work together with Frontend and Mobile engineers to design RESTful APIs and ease their adoption once developed
- Contribute to our data team to develop and maintain data processing pipelines
- Reference: gavmIzKhd3t2pn9Cmjw0aPHsymqAyTAossO-KrTtDMI.
- Have professional experience with Java
- Have professional experience with Docker and you had running your code in a containerized environment
- 3+ years of professional experience in building services for the web and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Python and/or Node.js would be considered as a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar container orchestration systems, would be very valuable
- Experience with NoSQL databases, in particular MongoDB would be as well considered as a plus; as well experience with Data processing technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Airflow)
- Enjoy working in a small, dynamic team and flexibility this brings
- Able to solve problems individually and assume responsibilities
- We value work-life balance and have flexible working hours. We don't track time, we trust our people.
- We offer you a chance to visit conferences and trainings if you wish to do so; as we are very much dedicated on each team member further knowledge enhancement
- Lots of team activities and perks: "beer evenings", yearly retreats, hackathons
- Work with an international team of talented engineers
- Modern, sunny and open working place with positive and fun atmosphere in all our locations (Zurich, Belgrade, Berlin & Tel Aviv). Yes, you get to travel there too!
- A stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally