Our partner Gogo (www.gogoair.com) is the leading provider of in-flight connectivity and wireless entertainment solutions for the aviation industry across the world.
To expand further our Gogo team we are currently looking for a
Big Data Developer - Gogo Air Team
Managing the internet service for customers flying on thousands of flights around the globe every day requires a lot of moving pieces, and the way we manage data in this environment is a hugely critical piece of the puzzle.
We're looking for a seasoned veteran of big data who has broad experience and a passion for what they do to lead the future of innovation in this space.
This role will lead various mission critical big data initiatives within Gogo. The Data Engineer will help us set and execute our data engineering strategy and development. As a strategic and tactical leader at Gogo, this individual impacts multiple, technically complex, mission-critical, and/or high-profile initiatives simultaneously and must possess executive leadership in combination with an extensive deep technical understanding of Data Architecture, Big Data, Application Databases, and Infrastructure Design. Knowledge of Big Data, Reference Data, Data Integration, Metadata, Data Standards.
- Lead Application Big Data Platform containing application generated data
- Key partner with Business Analytics team on advance analytics activities
- Hands on Development
- Assesses readiness of technical solutions and hardware including systems, tools, technologies, and processes.
- Recommends, and enforces data and technical solutions, standards, and governance for the program/project and other technical measures.
- Acts as strategic leader with ability to influence, collaborate and deploy innovative technology solutions.
- Evaluate and ability to influence key technologies include: 1. Data Lake Architecture, 2. Integration Services, 3.Application Database Services.
- Managing projects including planning, design, build, test, and deployment.
- Responsible for identifying technical trend opportunities for enterprise data and performance improvement; and in converting those opportunities into valued assets that exceed business goals and produce clear ROI.
- Reference: _0hOZ8yYEUWnHXxgWrespdhGDZg26KcvZl-NCi_SiTU.
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years –Database Design such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
- Knowledge of Hadoop (Cloudera), EMR, DynamoDB (Cassandra), or similar solution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology
- 2+ years Enterprise Data Architecture, Development, Data management experience
- Experience in BIG DATA (Hadoop stack preferred)
- Experience with Data Architecture: application, reporting frameworks, modeling, processing, availability and scalability Understanding of advanced architectural principles of Enterprise Data Management including master data management, modeling and architectural principles applied to Application Databases.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of Linux system monitoring and analysis
- Expert knowledge of Hadoop 1 & 2 architectures and administration and support.
- Expert knowledge in Map-Reduce, Cascading, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Spark
- Strong knowledge of real time streaming frameworks and patterns. Such as experience with Kinesis, Kafka or equivalent solution.
- Good understanding of machine learning frameworks such as Spark MLib,Apache Mahout or equivalent.
- Strong core java or scala development experience and basic coding/scripting ability in Python, Perl, and/or Ruby. Networking experience (DNS, TCP/IP)
- Extensive Database experience (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
- Prior working experience with AWS - any or all of EC2, S3, Data Pipeline, Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB, EMR
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom application
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Personal development/education (conferences, trainings)
- Excellent work life balance
- Work in an international team of talented engineers
- Great equipment
- Modern and cozy working place with positive and friendly atmosphere
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in a stimulating environment