Experienced Front End Developer
Is this you?
I want to grow both professionally and personally while working with emerging technologies alongside some brilliant technical minds in one of Europe’s most promising IT startups. If this resonates with you, we encourage you to read on…
Braintribe is starting a data revolution. Our platform, Tribefire, enables both developers and non-developers the ability to build data-centric products, apps and platforms. Our customers and partners are a small selection of Fortune 100 and 500 companies across different industries. Together we build platform solutions that either support digital transformation or drive innovation with a new business idea. Braintribe is a global team of approximately 85 people with our HQ based in Vienna, Austria.
We are looking for a UI developer with experience in using state-of-the-art technologies in creating HTML5 applications. You will bring in a wealth of creativity and sound technical skills to implement user interfaces based on our data platform’s REST API. As part of the Braintribe Data Lab team, you will be surrounded by a focused group of rockstars (not literally rockstars, but you get the point), hand-picked with diverse skills and equipped to provide the best support to our community, customers, partners and colleagues. Have you ever want to experiment with new technologies, new paradigms, new perspectives and try out your own ideas to provide the most compelling user experience - then welcome to our team!
What You’ll Do At Braintribe:
- Develop new user-facing features based on REST API.
- Design front-end applications taking into account the user experience.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI designs.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work closely with geographically distributed teams and customers, and collaborate with cross-team leads to define, implement and consume services, components and modules.
Your Techie Credentials:
- At Braintribe, a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is nice to have, but we care much more about your professional abilities and technical skills.
- Required great knowledge of:
- JS libraries and frameworks: d3 and React; (Redux and Angular 2/4 - nice to have).
- Web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX.
- Proficient understanding of:
- Cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Code versioning tools, such as SVN and git.
The Life and Times At Braintribe
- Ownership is the greatest self-identity at Braintribe - you are making an impact now.
- Open is at the heart of our business and our culture. You won't find cubicles here.
- Attitude: Open. Courageous. Radical. Responsive.
- We are an international company with distributed teams spread over several continents, but almost always discuss our topics onsite or online in English.
- We are self-starters who work with the attitude “nothing is impossible.” We’re constantly pushing the limit of existing tools, libraries & technologies to build our technology upon.
- We are not afraid to iterate our solutions multiple times to distill the best possible result.