We are looking for a:
Role based in Belgrade, Serbia
- Opportunity to work in a world-class organization
- Key role in operations of key asset in a diverse and global organization
- Fixed-term contract
About the role
We are looking for a Business Analyst who provide support in this area of functional expertise to the Jadar project that includes the updating of the financial model using validated assumptions, identifying value, providing alternatives for further improvement and drafting the necessary materials to support the case. The incumbent will help management in taking correct investment decisions and in improving the efficiencies of the Project.
The Business Analyst will be pivotal in analyzing and modelling business requirements in the areas of general finance, capital expenditure and related taxation matters and impacts.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your responsibilities will be:
- Maintain (and develop) discounted cash flow (NPV) valuation models to support business decision making
- Provide succinct analysis to management highlighting value levers and outcomes of multiple scenarios
- Preparing and presenting the interpretation of findings to local leadership team
- Providing analyses to internal stakeholders on all matters of potentially significant financial impact
Planning and Forecasting
- Participating in the development of longer-term financial forecasts and related CapEx budgets and discussing economic prospects as required
- Actively participating in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets, considering alternative scenarios and economic prospects as appropriate;
- Identifying and investigating issues related to assigned projects, determines scope and selects approach from the accepted methodology or recommended alternatives
- Defines assumptions for the quantification and analysis of Project investment
- Conducts special studies and analyses such as determination of in-house or subcontract, outsourced work and cost impact of proposed work allocation or processes
- Cooperating with Project teams to ensure project activities are conducted in line with Group policies.
- Undertake ad hoc project work designed to identify opportunities to add business value
- University degree – finance, economy background
- Minimum three years of financial business analysis or management controlling experience in multinational organizations in Serbia
- Ability to communicate, to translate complex financial model into executive summaries. Facility to translate business reality into robust financial information and to be able to communicate the information effectively to financial and non-financial management
- Ability to provide critical input to project and investment decisions
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, financial scenario-building
- A good understanding of local tax legislation and treatment of VAT, corporate and withholding taxes
- Working in SAP experience is an advantage
- Financial modelling skills, sensitivity analysis
- Very good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word)
- High level of Excel experience and keen attention to detail
- Experience providing finance business partnering services
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a multicultural team
- Self-motivation and professional commitment
- Administration, organization and project management skills
- Fluency in written and oral Serbian and English is a clear advantage
- Striving to improve
- Experience in mining or heavy industry considered as an advantage
About the Jadar Project
The Jadar Project is a world-class lithium-borate deposit discovered by Rio Tinto in 2004. Jadar is a unique deposit near the town of Loznica, Serbia. It contains Jadarite - a new lithium sodium borosilicate mineral. Jadar is the only place in the world where this mineral can be found. Jadar has been ranked as one of the largest lithium deposits in the world with a potential to supply a significant amount of the global demand for lithium and boric acid. If developed, Jadar will be a modern underground mine with efficient processing and shipping facilities.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
“Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible.”
Deadline for applications: 05.09.2019.