We are looking for a:
Chief Technology Officer
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Vitas Group, Global Communities financial inclusion subsidiary, is seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to lead digital strategy implementation. The CTO is a program-related position within the technical area of financial inclusion, specifically in designing and delivering innovative ways to advance credit and other financial products and services to households and micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs). The ideal candidate will bring practical operations experience in implementing technology solutions on the ground in multiple markets with banks, fintechs and microfinance institutions. S/he will have entrepreneurial spirit as well as a strategic mindset, be adept at relationship management and skilled in troubleshooting to oversee the digital transformation underway in multiple countries.
This position will report to headquarters, with flexible consideration to country location. Must hold a valid passport and be able to travel to all countries of operation.
The CTO will function with a shared mission and values of Global Communities and Vitas’ mission to support the well-being of vulnerable communities around the world.
- Ensure continued technology support for Vitas Group’s strategic business plan in target countries, ensuring progress for digital transformation, applications, network, data storage, operating systems, internet and internal security systems.
- Provide technical guidance and support to local business units to ensure smooth functioning of technology operations at the country level.
- Work with the local compliance managers, business management and head office teams to understand, analyze, articulate and address the local regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Provide management oversight, performance review and direction for the Serbia-based technology team including setting priorities, coordinating work efforts, and reporting to Group management.
- Plan, prepare and monitor the technology budget in line with the business strategy.
- Adopt and adapt technology processes and standards to address business needs.
- Review the status of projects impacting country subsidiaries and provide recommendations.
- Regularly monitor and report KPIs and dashboard of technology services to ensure alignment with SLAs and minimize deviations.
- Regularly report to the Group and local management the key risks, major incidents, key changes, audit observations status, regulatory compliance and policy requirements.
- Ensure all established technology controls are properly executed and maintain a complete set of documentation including technical assets inventory, operational manual and local regulatory policies at all times.
- Monitor the efficiency of service provided by vendors and initiate appropriate actions.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Provide a leadership role in the design and implementation of technology systems and architectures for better performance and high availability.
- Prepare and implement technology activities to ensure effective and continued support for the strategic plans in each country.
- Develop plans for evolution of technologies to support necessary future directions.
- Evaluate the technology systems against business needs, both present and future, and recommend cost-effective, viable solutions.
- Participate in business development efforts for new programs and projects under Global Communities and/or Vitas umbrella, with specific view to digital innovation and use of technology to solve barriers in current or future countries of operation.
- Work closely with head office personnel in identifying, evaluating, and selecting specific services to support business plans .
- Cultivate and pursue relationships with technology service providers in alignment with Vitas strategic goals and country plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of contracting, negotiation, organization development, change management, technology trends, service management and strategic planning.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Superior relationship-building and collaboration skills, problem solving mindset and the ability to think and act strategically to effectively manage difficult or sensitive situations in a courteous and professional manner is needed.
- Extensive knowledge of automated systems including software, hardware, telecommunications and in particular, technology architecture in a banking environment.
- Ability to effectively work both independently and as part of a team while maintaining a calm and professional attitude under pressure or constantly shifting priorities.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, ability to actively communicate, and inspire and motivate all levels of staff is needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with a minimum of 10 years of experience in agile software development methodologies, information technologies and service management arena.
- Experience must include at least five (5) years of experience managing teams across geographies and cultures.
- OR the equivalent of a Master’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of stated experience.
- Familiarity with Middle East and work experience in a developing country or challenging environment is an advantage.
- Prior experience in the financial inclusion/financial services sector
- Must have or be able to obtain a passport to travel to countries of operation, specifically Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, Iraq, Egypt, Romania and Serbia.
- Candidates located in key cities of operation (Belgrade, Timisoara, Beirut or Amman) will be given preference.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) required, and proficiency in Arabic is (preferred).
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.
Please apply here. Only these applications will be accepted.
Deadline for applications: 21.08.2019.