The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The Digital Learning Production Centre (DLPC) works closely with the ICRC Learning and Development Division in producing Digital Learning Resources like micro-learning modules, responsive modules, tutorials, short animations, training videos, etc. supporting structure based at ICRC Belgrade Shared Services Centre (BSSC).
The DLPC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
COPYWRITER – UK STANDARD ENGLISH LANGUAGE
He/she will work in a team to create Digital Learning Resources for an internal and external international audience.
The Copywriter will work in a team as part of the support structure based at ICRC Belgrade Shared Services Centre (BSSC).
- Copy, edit and proofread e-Learning content
- Ensure adherence to UK English language standards and ICRC requirements
- Help to write and edit content with the team through all stages of a project (Prototyping, Development and Quality Assurance)
- Edit scripts that are used for assets development (animation, video, story, graph, etc.)
- Proofread/edit other documents, such as User manuals, Job Aids, glossary, etc.
- Ensure standards for quality and consistency are met successfully
- Create e-learning writing guidelines
- Ensure accuracy, tone, pronunciation and quality of narration in course audio
- Evaluates content to ensure alignment with audience expectations and needs
- Develop excellent working relationships with other editorial and internal staff
- Perform quality control of eLearning content throughout the course development process
- Assist the Quality Assurance Analyst to perform User Testing when required
- Manage editing and translation process
- Create e-Learning modules when required
- Bachelor's degree in English, creative writing, advertising, or a related field required
- 5 years of copywriting experience required
- Experience in writing effective instructional text, audio and video narration scripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language; other languages (French or Spanish) an asset
- Excellent English grammar, spelling, and punctuation abilities
- Proficiency in Office tools (Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Experience in working in an international context is an asset
- Very good analytical skills, able to work in teams and open to innovative approaches
- Flexible, systematic, proactive and with good relationship-building skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- An Agile working environment with opportunities to explore and contribute in various tasks and responsibilities
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 03.07.2019.