At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen is a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.com for more information.
COUNTRY DIRECTOR SERBIA
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Local Full-time permanent contract
Key accountabilities of the role:
- Leads and manages Janssen organization in Serbia in order to ensure Commercial success, profitable short-, mid- and long-term growth, for delivering the agreed country business plan objectives by leadership and development of team of leaders responsible for Commercial, PE&A, GA, HEMAR, MAF.
- “Drive the Debate” with all institutional stakeholders to ensure short and long-term access for Innovation, leads activity with local trade associations, patient associations and relationship with key opinion leaders in the country.
- Has legal responsibility for Janssen business. Manages risk, conducts business activities in compliance with ethical and legal requirements.
- Creating a diverse pipeline of future leaders and ensuring the alignment of current and future talent requirements with the business strategy.
- Implements the corporate strategy and the business processes as defined by the organization. Develops and implements the local strategy in line with regional CEE framework and guidance.
- Collaborate with the Central Europe HUBs to ensure the alignment of the local commercial strategies with Janssen strategic ambition.
- Has responsibility for Credo based company culture, development and motivation of Janssen organization as a team in alignment with J&J’s Credo values
Key leadership characteristics required for the role:
- CONNECT: High team spirit, open minded, proactive network building, best practices sharing,
- DELIVER: Outcome oriented, ability to prioritise
- SHAPE: Constant looking for innovation and improvement; business acumen
- LEAD: Proactively proposing strategic solutions, managing projects & budget, challenging the status quo
- CREDO: Ensuring the alignment of the all activities with J&J Credo, applicable J&J procedures and policies including but not limited to those related with Health Care Compliance, Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance, GCPs, Regulatory Regulations and local Legislation; Ensure safety reporting requirements (timely AE/PQC reporting) as set out in company policies and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are met and appropriately managed when planning projects, developing materials, executing projects and contracting vendors; Ensure HCC and legal requirements (Fair Market Value, Transfer of Value rules, Promotional Materials rules) are fully understood, appropriately managed and complied with when planning projects, developing materials
Education and/or experience required for the role:
- 10+ years of management experience with responsibility for PnL, staff of at least organizational policy implementation and outcome measures
- Minimum 4 years of successful leadership experience in multicultural environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Serbian pharmaceutical industry
- Continuous & proven track record of success
- Experience in change management
- Native Serbian speaker and fluent English required
- Excellent computer skills
- Compliant driver
- Multi industrial experience is an advantage
Other skills and abilities:
- Demonstrate leadership experience in complex environment (multiple cultures, multiple functions)
- Positive attitude to change if needed, ability to challenge "status quo"
- Experience in CEE markets is preferred, knowledge of local languages is valued
- Working knowledge of multiple therapeutic areas, oncology/hematology/immunology especially
- Ability to navigate and produce results in a global, matrix organization, strong cross-departmental support, interdisciplinary approach
- Team leader with good interpersonal skills, ability to influence and interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Recognizing internal and external market complexity and acts with courage promoting compliance to drive business
- Broad business understanding from other cross-functional experience supporting effective collaboration
- Open for innovations; strategic ability to develop innovative and impactful strategies and tactics, delivering sustained share growth in the competitive landscape.
- Systematic and structured approach; strong analytical and numerical skills;
- Convincing communication skills;
- Excellent presentation and business writing skills;
- Ability to understand and interpret the market, customer and internal environment;
- Lead by example; open communication; strong and engaged people management skills; retain motivation and infuse spirit relevant to the credo based company culture; high level of integrity, ethical standards in business; conformity to the rules;
Deadline for applications: 17.08.2019.