Job Title/Grade : Data Analyst
Reports to: IT Operations
Department: Global Strategic Marketing
DAI is an international development company specializing in the development sector. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Function of the Position:
This is a full–time, professional position which will be working under the direction of DAI’s Director of Global Strategic Marketing. The Data Analyst will support specific corporate efforts to improve data collection, management, and analysis of both external and internal DAI data.
The majority of assignments will involve some combination of:
- Identifying and testing various data sources
- Creating a system to regularly capture data
- Advising on best approaches to answer specific research questions using available data, including building analytical models
- Building and automating dashboards for data visualization, ensuring data is refreshed at regular intervals so dashboards are continually updated
- Advising on best channels to display and distribute analysis across global corporation
- For illustration, the first assignment could be establishing new models for ingesting, cleaning, and analyzing market trend data in support of strategic planning and execution. This would involve comparing data sources for quality of information and ease of access; working closely with a data architect to extract, transform, and load the data, and building models and visualizations to make analysis user-friendly for a wide range of corporate employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the creation of scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Scan new and existing data sources to determine relevance, reliability, and timeliness of information; recommend which sources are most relevant and reliable and easiest to harvest.
- Build automated systems to import data from selected sources and models to automate analysis
- Build in checks that provide rigorous validation of the analysis to improve accuracy and reliability of gathered information
- Document the entire development lifecycle of all IT projects undertaken, including the protocol, testing, methodology and processes developed
- Develop template and resources of Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards for corporate use.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree|
- Experience using PowerBI and PowerPivot to display data in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft data technology (Azure). Prior experience with SQL language.
- Experience connecting to and using a variety of external (3rd Party) data sets
- Programming experience; ability to develop custom data scraping scripts using Python, R, or Java. Recommended packages include NumPy, Pandas, Beautiful Soup, or RVest.
- Experience building extract, transform, and load (ETL) tools for large organizations.
- Knowledge of database architecture and ability to maintain a large volume of data over time.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to meet deadlines and take initiative
- Must be able to work effectively in teams, including taking directions from others, being open to regular check-ins to show work progress, and contributing ideas and recommendations to enhance productivity
- Cultural alignment with DAI, including high integrity and social sector orientation
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Creative and curious attitude
- Strong critical thinking capabilities with an ability to rapidly assess situational needs, develop problem solving strategies, and implement sustainable solutions.
- Interest in training and teaching data skills to a global work force
- Supervisory Requirements: None
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
DAI/USAID Agribusiness Project Serbia
- Srbija, Beograd, Humska 3
- PIB: 102433538
- Matični broj: 29003700