We are looking for:
Data Center Developer
Location: Novi Sad
As Data Center Developer you will develop software tools and automated programs in order to assist server provisioning, reporting, and maintenance for company use and clients. In addition, assist in developing and maintaining various automation projects as assigned. A big portion of this will require a creative and open mind for choosing the most appropriate solution to projects.
- Position is full time; 40 hours per week of work
- Working hours are Monday to Friday from 12 PM in order to ensure overlap with US-based team
If you have the following:
- 3+ Years’ experience building web applications with the following:
- Experience with system administration on Windows and Linux based servers, including:
- Installing and configuring operating systems
- Adjusting configurations
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues
- Strong knowledge of computer networking principals
- Comfortable with an IDE such as Eclipse
- Comfortable with VI and Linux text-based editors
- A high degree of flexibility and creativity
- Independent thinking and self-motivated
- Good writing skills
and possibly the following:
- Apache and Tomcat
- Python, C#, VB.net
- Shell scripting
- Experience using PXEBoot
- Knowledge of enterprise Java application development frameworks such as Spring
- Knowledge of build automation tools such as Maven, Ant or Gradle
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with good engineering practices (test driven development, continuous integration and pair programming, etc.)
- Experience in distributed systems
- Experience in the Hosting Industry
then this is what your day will look like:
- Developing and maintaining internal tools for server provisioning, upkeeping and reporting
- Developing and maintaining various automation projects as assigned
- Creating plans and documentation for related projects
- Performing testing scenarios to ensure code is working as intended
- Debugging and correcting errors in existing systems
- Helping other team members with any issues they may encounter so as to maintain overall team effectiveness.
- Actively seeking to promote a healthy team environment so as to maintain and increase overall team morale and individual team members’ job satisfaction.
- Interacting and assisting with members of other teams so as to contribute to the overall company culture
- Carrying out day-to-day communication with other teams so as to ensure that all team members are sufficiently aware of work being carried out by their colleagues.
- Keeping supervisor(s) informed about any issues that may arise.
- Establishing and maintaining communication with all stakeholders so as to tackle issues or anomalies that may arise during system development.
- Interacting with other teams to ensure that all relevant departments are up to speed on all projects design developments.
What we offer:
- Highly talented, professional and friendly team
- The ability to use cutting edge technologies
- Introductory training
- Possibility for personal and professional growth
- Flexible working hours
- Colorful offices in the city center
- Free soft drinks, fruit, tea and coffee
- Social activities and very friendly working environment
- All benefits paid pursuant to relevant Serbian laws
phoenixNAP® is a global IT services provider offering progressive Infrastructure-as-a-Service solutions from locations worldwide. Our bare metal server, cloud, hardware leasing and colocation options are built to meet the evolving technology demands businesses require without sacrificing performance. Scalable OpEx solutions to support with the systems and staff to assist; phoenixNAP global IT services.
Interested applicants are invited to send a covering letter and cv to Branka Mijatović, Human Resources Manager electronically.