The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of the Data and Analytics Manager.
The Assistance Data and Analytics Manager will be a member of the Assistance Division Data Management team, which provides field operations with strategic support and professional expertise in 4 key areas: Economic Security, Health Care Services, Water & Habitat and Weapon Contamination.
The Belgrade Shared Service Centre (BSSC) is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Data and Analytics Manager
(location: Belgrade, Serbia)
- Monitoring and validating complex data to be coherent with a portfolio of data sources and regular narrative reports of the field offices globally, particularly for institutional reporting
- Consolidating, structuring and enriching field data in collaboration with the field offices, business process owners and heads of programs at headquarters
- Ensuring the coherence and harmonization of data to policies and guidelines, aligning the data model to referential data and monitoring the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of data, along with corrective actions for data issues and escalations (according to the established support model and processes)
- Maintaining and enhancing the knowledge base, referencing guidelines and documentations by improving data quality tools and processes based on trends, analysis of incidents and automation, where appropriate
- Providing support to ETL user-acceptance testing and ensuring continuity and smooth transition of data, reports and dashboards through updates or changes to the system sources
- Creating high quality, actionable strategic reports and analyses on a recurring and ad hoc basis using internal and external data
- Assisting the division in reflecting on performance measures, management concerns, improvements in the various functional areas of expertise and the institutional strategy
- Contributing to the reporting and analysis on the performance and quality of the programs for leadership decision-making, support of daily activities and institutional reporting
- Supporting the life-cycle of dashboarding objects (validation, publication, maintenance, change requests, deletion); dashboarding Content Catalogue as well as contributing to best practices, standards, guidelines and templates for data and analytics (ensuring compliance with these, and, working on their continuous improvement)
- Ensuring efficient and adequate coordination with the team
- University degree in statistics, mathematics, finance, economics, engineering, the sciences or a similar technical field along with 6 to 9 years of practical, hands-on experience in data science, analytics, data management or business intelligence
- Ability to analyze complex, technical, qualitative and quantitative information and to tell the story behind the numbers
- Knowledge of Tableau and SQL or other front-end tools/relational database programming tools
- Detail-oriented, rigorous, precise, with excellent verbal and written communication skills with diverse stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in humanitarian contexts, international, multi-cultural working environment
- Knowledge of French, Spanish, Russian or Arabic
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 03.10.2019.