We are looking for:
The DBA will be responsible for handing day-to-day operations and maintenance, as well as project work, (including providing proof-of-concept deliverables, product analysis, technical leadership, and architectural input) for multiple concurrent initiatives. The DBA will also serve as an escalation point for junior staff within Application Services and will serve as the database Subject Matter Expert (SME) for various products. The DBA will assist and mentor Linux Systems Administrators and Junior Systems Engineers with issues escalated from other support teams as necessary.
- This position is full time. Employee is expected to work 40 hours weekly and to participate in an on call (24/7 system support) rotation.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Understanding of Linux system provisioning, operations, and troubleshooting
- Linux system performance tuning, specifically as relates to MySQL database installations
- Act as the SME for MySQL database implementations. Ensure standards are being followed, and provide recommendations on corrective actions as needed.
- Assume ownership of existing database infrastructure and determine best path forward for continuing care and feeding.
- Must be able to lead in a fast paced and highly technical environment with a constant focus on security
- Provide in-depth technical guidance and mentorship
- Work to continually improve processes and procedures with both internal and external teams
- Enforcing technical and operational standards as set by senior engineering staff
- Must quickly adapt to an ever changing environment, flexibility is key
- Ability to research and test unfamiliar technologies
- May require some external customer interaction
- This position will have on-call responsibilities
- Assist in the standards definition as requested
- 2+ years’ experience SOAP and REST interfaces, experience working with API’s
- 4+ years’ experience with J2EE, SQL, ZFS, Perl, RHE, Rails, Grails, LDAP
- 2+ years’ experience working with Puppet (preferred), Chef, or other configuration management and deployment frameworks
- 6+ years’ experience with apache, tomcat, scripting languages, SSL, web protocols
- 2+ years’ experience managing and administering MySQL (preferred), PostgreSQL, or other SQL based relational databases
- 7+ years’ experience maintaining enterprise Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with event management, incident handling, and problem resolution
- Strong communication, documentation, and analytical skills
- The ability to handle stressful situations and tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of ITIL, ITSM, and INFOSEC best practices
- Ansible, Salt, fabric, or other automation tools experience
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Familiarity with standards and technologies such as; virtualization, F5(i-Rules/tcl), Java, Posix LHS, GRSecurity, PAM, iptables, mod_rewrite, clustering technologies, platform as a service a plus
- Layer 7 switching, application delivery, and global services load balancing
- Working knowledge of software development practices a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Information Systems
If you are interested in this position, please send a covering letter and CV in English!
Deadline for applications: 02.11.2017.
Napomena: Poslovi.infostud.com ne vrši posredovanje u zapošljavanju u Srbiji, niti u inostranstvu. Postupak selekcije i odabira kandidata je u nadležnosti poslodavca, a odredbe ugovora o radu predstavljaju direktan dogovor između poslodavca i zaposlenog. Svi pojmovi u oglasima, koji su upotrebljeni u muškom rodu, odnose se bez diskriminacije i na osobe ženskog pola i obrnuto, osim ukoliko specifičnim zahtevima posla nije drugačije propisano.
Koliko ste zadovoljni dobijenim informacijama:
o uslovima za ovu poziciju?
o zadacima za ovu poziciju?
o tome šta poslodavac nudi?
Ocenjivanje oglasa je anonimno