TeleSign is a communications platform-as-a-service (CPaaS) company, founded on security.
Trusted by the world’s leading websites and mobile applications, our suite of easy-to-integrate APIs and SDKs uniquely combines data intelligence with messaging communications to enable businesses to more effectively engage customers, keep accounts secure and prevent fraud.
Don't miss this opportunity to become our:
Position in Belgrade
TeleSign is looking for a Software Developer to work on extending one of the crucial components of TeleSign platform – billing (both web and back-end/aggregation part); along with contributing with ideas in order to improve the solution from architectural standpoint with cool new feature ideas.
- Provide database administration for TeleSign Mobile’s production Microsoft SQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL DBs
- Support activities include DB installation, deployment, maintenance, performance tuning and optimization (SQL query, stored procedures & DB engine), troubleshooting/resolving DB problems, DB backups/restores and insuring DB monitoring is in place to proactively alert Network Operations to issues.
- Provide consultative support to the Development, Business Intelligence and Knowledge Engineering organizations to insure database & table designs, indices, database access, are error free and optimal from a performance perspective.
- Work closely with key staff to design/build a data warehouse from existing data sources. The data warehouse will support effective business operations through decision support, trending and reporting on key corporate performance indicators.
- In conjunction with other senior technical staff, act as DB expert to deliver highly available, reliable DB platforms to support the business.
- Provide consultative support for those less knowledgeable of DBs and their capabilities
- Relevant University degree
- 3 -5 years’ experience including MS SQL (2008, 2012 and/or 2014) and MySQL
- Experience in resolving DB problems, including working with DB providers, DB performance issues, use of native monitoring tools
- MCITP is a plus but not required
- Use of Profiler and performance tuning of stored procedures
- Experience in DB backup and recovery
- Experience in setting up DB replication across multiple geographies for MS SQL
- Understanding of indexes, index management and statistics
- Experience in PostgreSQL a definite plus
- Experience in being “go to” DB resource
- Experience in a fast moving, agile development based environment, preferably SaaS or
- cloud delivering based product offerings
- Experience in SSRS and/or OLAP cubes
- Some experience in scripting to support operations automation for DB related activities
- Understanding of Internet security concepts
Familiarity with voice telecom and SMS messaging terminology
- Ability to help other learn more about DBs and their effective use
- Basic knowledge of BI concepts (cubes, ETL) and MS BI tools
We are offering:
- Good compensation - Competitive € salary plus benefits package
- Development opportunities
- Challenging but also friendly working environment
Join our team, send your application in English language electronically.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be handled with absolute confidentiality.