FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, with a focus on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk & compliance, consulting and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 53,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing, financial software and banking solutions. Providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that empowers the financial world, FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
Global Trading Front Arena Professional Services (PS) is looking for experienced quantitative / mathematical minded developers / consultants with technical skills in the areas of scripting and customizing software code. This role is to work with our customers in the delivery of new software and in upgrading current implementations by configuring, customizing and optimizing the Front Arena application and surrounding systems.
The PS Developer Consultant role includes setting up the Front Arena product, preparing the data and configuring the functionality and workflow according to the customer’s needs. This is achieved through a combination of configuration and customisation, with the latter requiring solid technical and development skills. Much of the time is spent working in a team environment, off-site or at the customer, throughout various cities across Europe, thus readiness to travel is appreciated.
Analysing current systems and data to identify and understand new requirements, recognising the need for system enhancements or modifications if necessary.
Refining the customer requirements in detail, document and present back in the form of work packages and Front Arena specifications to the client for final approval.
Writing specifications and develop solutions using Python, C/C#, Java or SQL and our proprietary extension framework (AEF).
Configuring the implemented system and database as required, extensively using Python and SQL. This process will involve the customisation of products, pricing, risk calculations, workflows, functionality, etc.
Configuring, customizing, testing and analysing advanced financial calculations.
Troubleshooting of issues as and when required.
Consultants gain valuable experience working first hand with multiple customers in various aspects of the trading environment. This enables the consultant to gain a very broad and deep appreciation of the trading, position management and risk management of all the major asset classes.
- Minimum 2 years of development experience (any object-oriented programming language, I.e. Python)
- Experience of working with relational databases and knowledge of SQL
- Experience in project work under common approaches to software development (Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall)
Additional assets that will be of benefit:
- Experience in the financial markets, mainly in the institutional and wholesale domains.
- Expertise in various financial instruments, including but not limited to Equities, Equity Derivatives and Structured Products, Interest Rate and Credit Derivatives, FX/MM and the ability to quickly learn new instrument types.
- First class degree or similar and a higher degree are preferred in Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or similar qualifications requiring quantitative / mathematical skills
- Strong Quantitative/Mathematical skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills
- Proven communication skills - both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to collaborate well at all levels both internally (Global Trading) and externally (clients)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Time Management
- Ability to proactively contribute in a team based structure
- Willingness to travel (up to 2 months per year)
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only the button below in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered).