EBV Elektronik was founded in 1969 and today as a part of Avnet Inc. (Nasdaq: AVT) is the leader in European semiconductor distribution. This success is based on the underlying company philosophy, which was developed a long time ago and which still applies today: operational excellence, flexibility, reliability and execution – with the goal of achieving the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
In order to deliver to its customers complex semiconductor technologies EBV Elektronik works with major semiconductor companies as franchise partners and employs over 300 field sales engineers and application specialists who provide best-in-class in-depth design know-how and application support throughout Europe. For expansion of Belgrade based team of technical specialists, EBV Elektronik is offering the following position:
Embedded Software Application Engineer
We are looking for highly motivated, well organized and dynamic engineer for working on the state of the art technology time-of-flight sensors.
- Provide support on time-of-flight sensors product family for identified business opportunities and formulate satisfactory technical proposals solving customer needs, problems and design challenges.
- Gain expert level knowledge (HW/SW) in time-of-flight sensors and applications
- Participate actively in the Application Engineers trainings developing technical competence for MCU, sensors and connectivity semiconductors
- Work together with the regional sales organizations and technology support resources
- Contribute with technical inputs to the EBV Knowledgebase. Share product and application knowledge with EBV engineering community
- Maintain competitive knowledge of technology and market developments in the electronics industries as well as latest innovations in product development.
Skills and Background Requirements
- BSc or Higher Degree in Computer Science, Electronics or related discipline
- Embedded SW experience:
- ARM Cortex-M series (preferably M0+, M4)
- Application design based on SDK with a precompiled library from Broadcom
- Porting within ARM Cortex series based on SDK and library, GNU ARM toolchain experience, basic knowledge of alternative toolchains (IAR, KEIL) desired
- Basic experience with Hardware-near implementations in ANSI-C (w/o OS, bare metal) (fixed point arithmetic, single threaded interrupt driven architecture, timer based scheduling)
- Experience with Windows-based GUI desired: Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) with C# and Visual Studio
- Experience with low level digital interfaces: UART and SPI required, I2C and USB desired
- Experience with optical sensors desired:
- Basic understanding of laser eye safety
- Integration of optical devices into customer systems (PCB design, coverglass...)
- Fluent in English, verbally and in writing. Other European languages are a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills being a team player and relationship building capabilities
- Willing to travel occasionally (internationally)
- We offer you an interesting and diversified area of responsibility, with opportunity to integrate in a professional and dynamic team with learning and development opportunities
- Your contribution to the success of the company will be rewarded by a competitive salary and benefits
- International work environment & traveling opportunities
- Additional health insurance package and social activities
Deadline for applications: 21.09.2019.