Vetroelektrane Balkana (WEBG) is the project company that owns the Cibuk 1 wind farm, the largest wind farm in Serbia with a capacity of 158 megawatt.
Financial Analyst and Modeler
Meet the requirements of the project company in line with shareholder expectations with respect to performing financial analysis and valuation activities in key commercial areas including maintaining up-to-date financial models of operating assets and conduct financial modelling and analysis activities to maximize value for the shareholders and support formulating project acquisition commercial positions for renewable & clean energy projects and to carry out industry/company research and data gathering related to the focus markets and geographies
Perform industry development research and analysis on gathered data
- Conduct industry research and perform data gathering relating to projects and their geographies.
- Analyse industry data gathered and deliver support by preparing presentation materials for internal team purposes and for seeking shareholder investment approvals.
- Perform research and prepare presentation materials in a timely and quality manner.
- Provide support in formulating deal negotiation strategies and commercial positions for potential renewable energy project acquisitions
Produce financial models and business cases for projects, and conduct analysis and contribute to risk management
- Develop financial models as per the the company requirements and guidelines, check and validate assumptions and provide recommendations for improvement and optimisation
- Be familiar with the applicable taxation on the projects’ jurisdiction and incorporate in the investment’s financial model
- Collaborate both internally and externally with necessary resources and advisors (incl. technical, legal, lenders, tax, insurance)and adjust investment’s model to feedback received (coordinating with the project’s manager in throughout the process)
- Support in alignment between internal teams on the assumptions underlying each project’s financial models to achieve correctness and consistency.
- Ensure robust financial models are in place for every project in line with agreed standards, along with viable business cases.
- Assist in preparing presentations and reports in connection with the project business cases.
- Highlight commercial risks in order to ensure that corrective action is taken, thus contributing to effective risk management.
Assist with the development of commercial structures to contribute to the achievement of the business plan
- Assist in the development of effective commercial structures and pricing models for business development projects and ventures.
- Understand legal, regulatory and contractual structures that are relevant in the target markets in order to support the team effectively.
- Actively support project finance activities with lenders and banks
- Actively support project finance and project acquisition related due diligences and review and scrutinize third party projects financial models
Provide professional stakeholder relationship management
- Develop & maintain professional relationships with business partners as well as with the internal team and Shareholder teams
- Compliance with standards and forms
- Apply consistent approaches/discipline and standardized forms across work processes in line with relevant policies, processes and procedures.
- Contribute to ensuring that standards, approaches and commercial documents are in place.
Prepare relevant updates and reports
- Prepare relevant reports and updates as required and to the desired standard.
- Assist in providing information for business development activities - production and timely provision of accurate reports in line with reporting schedules.
- Comply with information security policies, procedures and requirements at all times
- Adhere to any applicable security policies and procedures and identify and report security incidents and suspected weaknesses to the appropriate point(s) of contact.
- Protect assets under care (e.g. laptops and other devices) and information/credentials against unauthorized access, sharing, and/or damage/loss, in accordance with the Information Classification and Handling Procedure.
- Clear desks of all sensitive material and log off/ lock workstations at the end of the day and when leaving desk for a prolonged period in accordance with company policies.
- Ensure not installing, copying or modifying of any software on company equipment without authorization.
Operating Asset Financial Performance Oversight & Budgeting, forecasting and modeling exercises
- Take ownership of the financial model and ensure the operating asset financial model is up-to-date and update on monthly basis based on actuals
- Conduct required analysis and sensitivities based on developments to support acquiring timely decisions from Shareholders
- Participate in the annual budget and business plan development process aligned with the asset financial model
- Monitor the company budget vs. actuals against the financial model assumptions and notify management of any deviations as well as participate in any forecasting activities
- Provide a comprehensive capital & operating expenditure plans of the business and generate reports and updates as needed
- Manage, monitor and advise upon project budget and finances ensuring that key metrics are measured at all points in the Project
- Monitor local tax regulations, implement all the necessary changes in the model and advise on impact on key metrics
- Support financial discussions with lenders and banks through accurate analysis
Support Quality Health and Safety Environment (QHSE) activities, policies and objectives and compliance with the laws and regulations of Republic of Serbia.
- This includes participating (when requested) in QHSE audits, office inductions, incident reporting and review of QHSE performances as applicable
SPAN OF COMMUNICATION
- Internal: General Manager, Finance Director, Finance Department, Development team
- External: Shareholders, consultants, project partners, technology partners, contractors, financing institutions, lenders and banks
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as business administration, finance, economics, engineering or equivalent with preferably cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above
- CFA Candidate with at least Level 2 exam passed
- Expert MS Word/Excel and Powerpoint skills level
- Knowledge of VBA and Excel macros development
- Ability to develop financial models and run scenarios
- Graduate with relevant practical work experience of not less than 5 years
- Experience in basic financial/quantitate modelling, preferably in a project-focused company
- Interest in renewable energy technologies and desire to understand investment
- Proven track record of achievement, preferably gained in a blue chip service organisation
- Excellent MS Word/Excel and power point skills
- Knowledge of VBA and Excel macros development
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in Serbian and English
- Ability to interface at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to prioritize actions
- Commercially aware and able to act in Projects best interests
- Able to work extended hours to fulfill the role
- Professional manner and able to take firm and timely decisions
Performance Core Competencies:
- Business: Financial, Commercial and Operational Effectiveness, Quality Results
- Behavioural: Teamwork, Communication, Leadership
Corp. Technical Competencies:
- Business Case & Feasibility Studies development
- Project Budget monitoring and reporting
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Stakeholder Management & Communication
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Reporting & Performance Monitoring
Deadline for applications: 09.08.2019.