Who is Handson Systems?
Does the world of IOT and Telematics interest you? We are a Maltese technology company currently developing telematics, IOT and other related solutions for various markets worldwide. We offer vehicle tracking and fleet management solutions, RFID tracking and a host of other GPS based technologies. We are on the lookout for a Front End Developer that can grow into building captivating UI on Web applications that enable an amazing user experience. The ideal candidate would be excited to be an early member of the Front End Development team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about heavily influencing our Front End roadmap and excited to roll up their sleeves and be hands on. If you are interested in making the world smarter than this is the job for you.
What is our Vision and Mission?
Our vision is to work hand-in-hand with our customers to transform our telematic solutions into high value services that constantly create value, transparency and positive experiences. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for consumers through the processing and presentation of rich telematic data that is packaged into intuitive and ease of use services.
What roles are required for the Software Engineering team?
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with other experienced Front End Web Developers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Front End Web Developer
- Develop new client facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to the backend
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Work with engineers to develop and maintain high quality responsive web and mobile applications for both platforms as Android and iOS.
- Design and build the next generation of our mobile applications
Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with popular React workflows such as Flux and Redux.
- Thorough understanding of React Native and its core Principles.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Bitbucket Pipelines or AWS CodePipeline
- Experience with mobile app deployment on App Store and Google Play Store is considered a plus.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and cross-device compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
NOTE: We require all experience levels. So if you do not meet all criteria but you are interested in the sector and the world of IOT please still apply.
More details can be found at https://www.handsonsystems.com
Where are we based?
Our Serbian office building is located in Niš, in an attractive location a few meters away from all amenities. We also have offices in Malta and Italy.
Our promise to you
- Competitive and fair salary that reflects your education and work experience
- Opportunity to work in a multinational company with offices in Malta, Italy and Serbia
- Possibility to travel to Malta for training course with experienced team
- Working in a new but professional environment, where you can learn and grow with the team
- Working in cooperation with experienced team from Malta
- Working on exciting and challenging projects
- Use of modern technologies and devices in everyday work
- Agile environment and methodology
- Possibility to work remote
- Flexible work hours
- Possibility to travel abroad
- Modern and cozy office space near the city center (Niš - Duvanište) with lots of amenities nearby (cafes, supermarket, bakery, restaurants, free parking space)
- Fully equipped kitchen, including coffee, other refreshments and fresh fruits
What does a selection process look like?
We will contact short-listed candidates for an interview to cover both HR and technical aspects related to the respective position. The interview will take about an hour. If the interview goes well, there will be a technical evaluation. Depending on the role there could be a technical assignment either covered through a second interview or through an offline technical exercise which would need to be submitted by a stipulated date. After that task, successful candidates will receive an email with an offer.
Send us Your application!
Does the world of IoT and Telematics interest you? If yes, please send us your application, CV and example projects.
Please be sure to include links to your clickable project references or Github account.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this position.
HandsOn Systems is an international technology company specialising in the following areas: GPS Tracking and Fleet Management Usage Based Insurance RFID Asset Tracking and Inventory Management Task and Dispatch Management Software Through our years of experience and dedication, we are helping the world to develop into an efficient, modernized, reliable, smarter and safer place.Više o poslodavcu