AVA. Deep data for a safe world. Located in Berlin, Novi Sad, London, and Singapore, AVA combines big data, distributed computing, pattern recognition, and artificial intelligence to provide time-critical information to its clients and partners in order to improve the safety of individuals, organizations, and businesses. All over the world, companies involved in logistics, transport, and tourism (to name a few) rely on the AVA ecosystem to enhance their business offering and protect what matters most to them.
Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack engineer primarily responsible for developing systems to be used by AVA Information Systems. The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining scalable services, real-time streaming systems, and analytics systems. Must be familiar with the entire software development life cycle, including software design, implementation, maintenance, and support.
- Be part of a fun, energetic, fast-paced team that is transforming the concept of safety in the world,
- Design, develop, and maintain frontend web applications,
- Design user interactions on web pages,
- Help develop web-based systems and applications to communicate and retrieve the data relevant to our clients,
- Research and apply the best tools for the job,
- Develop an API that many different frontends will use,
- Ensure that services can handle large amounts of data while maintaining low response times,
- Help develop highly available cloud services that work 24/7 to provide critical information to clients in a timely manner,
- Help develop a robust, highly available streaming system integrating unstructured data from various sources.
- Experience with backend languages, such as Java, C#, Go, and Python (3+ medior, 5+ senior),
- Experience with frontend technologies, such as React, Angular, and Vue.js (3+ medior, 5+ senior)
- Experience with relational databases and an understanding of how they work,
- Knowledge of REST and experience with designing Restful APIs,
- Experience with developing cloud-based applications,
- Experience with team development using Git and GitHub,
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and object-oriented design best practices.
- Great problem-solving skills, and the ability to think outside of the box,
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines,
- Conscientious, self-motivated, and goal orientated,
- Excellent attention to detail and solid written and English communication skills,
- Willingness and an enthusiastic attitude to work within existing processes/methodologies.
- Experience with Go and Python,
- Experience with nontraditional databases (document stores, text search engines, key-value stores, in-memory databases, etc),
- Experience with gRPC and Protobuf (or some other RPC and binary protocol),
- Experience working with Apache Kafka or any other message broker, or stream processing system.
Someone who wants to be part of a meaningful mission and contribute to a good cause. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to follow your interests, learn and grow, and build and strengthen an organization others would look up to.
Sounds like you? Come join us in this interesting and meaningful role, with a great team, and a holistic purpose.
Please send your cover letter and CV electronically.