Consulteer d.o.o. is a subsidiary of Consulteer ag. We develop software solutions for our clients in Switzerland and Europe as well as our own products. Your talent and efforts are valued, and we continuously provide support and helping you to develop yourself further as a software developer and as a person.
Full-Stack Ruby Developer
Offices: Belgrade, Novi Sad, Zrenjanin or Work from home
We’re looking for a talented software engineer to join our diverse and growing engineering team. For the right person, this role comes with a lot of autonomy and the potential to have a large impact on product direction. We need someone who has a passion for work that our customers and their employees will love.
What will you do?
As Ruby developer you will be working on projects with our clients in Switzerland.
You will be joining a team of sharp minded developers working in an international setting. Your day to day duties include planning new feature implementations, maintaining and updating existing infrastructure as well as developing, implementing and testing new features. Contribute beyond the level of a single engineer by advocating for good engineering practices and mentoring other engineers on your team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- design and development of new web applications using Ruby on Rails, Ruby CLI apps and Ruby gems.
- good understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns, web application architecture and security.
- conducting code review and providing support to developers and system engineers.
- servicing and maintaining existing applications.
Mandatory Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby (Rails, Gems) and testing frameworks (Rspec, Capybara, Bats)
- Following the latest conventions and practices when it comes to writing code for features and tests.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases Mysql, PostgreSQL
- Advanced knowledge of GIT Version Control
- At least basic DevOps knowledge (Bash, Shell scripting)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Software Development (or equivalent experience in projects and freelancers contracts)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Open-minded and problem-solving capabilities.
Optional, but great plus skills:
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Redis, RabbitMQ
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Experience with any major UI framework (eg. Angular, React)
- Flexibility - we’re respectful of “make time” for members on our team who need to be heads down and expect that our team members can figure out how and when they work best
- Beautiful office & monthly wellness reimbursement
- Full time employment, competitive salary and great opportunity for personal development.
- Work with cutting-edge technologies in complex, innovative projects.
- Business trips to meet our Global Partners and work with them on site