The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
Information management allows to acquire, organize, preserve, protect and communicate the information, whatever its form, to enable the organization to perform its mission in an optimal way. The Information Management Unit (IM), situated within the Archives and Information Management Division, is the ICRC's reference unit for managing information throughout the organization.
Amongst the different activities, it proposes assistance and support to accompany ICRC staff in the use of information management platforms, such as communication tools, Intranet environments, collaborative spaces, enterprise search engines and records management systems.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center (BSSC) is created to provide a global support service to the ICRC worldwide operations. In this context, the IM L2 Application support team, brings its expertise and skills to solve problems in the use of the IM platforms. It answers the various requests and incidents on these platforms reported by ICRC staff throughout the world.
The BSSC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Information Management (IM) Application Support Specialist
- Answers to the requests and resolves the incidents on the platforms managed by IM Unit
- 2nd level support in the functional area of Information Management applications
- Is responsible of the follow-up of the requests/incidents
- Organizes the management of the tickets with the rest of the team
- Transfers the requests/incidents to the ICT application support or to the IM maintenance/project team when it is necessary
- Produces reports on the different types of activities and on the delays
- Contributes to the establishing of a comprehensive Knowledge Database, i.e. cases correctly documented and updated in timely manner
- Reference: e0XSsXiNowQeaSnSkdITep0oYe8VSF3_teLK2OS6CDQ.
- University degree (bachelor, master) or equivalent experience in support for Information Management Systems
- Experience in service desk procedures and supporting end-users (knowledge of Ticketing tool an asset)
- Technical knowledge of SharePoint 2013 and Lotus Notes 9
- Knowledge in Exalead (Search Engine) and Percussion Rhythmyx (Content Management System) recommended
- Knowledge / aptitude: good communication skills, great autonomy, strong sense of rigor and of result, analytical and synthesis skills, respect for humanitarian values, eager to share information and knowledge, excellent listening skills
- Excellent general knowledge of the information management technologies
- Fluent in English (French an asset)
- Experience of working in an international environment is an asset
- Affinity for teamwork and strong collaborative attitude
- End-user service oriented, well-organized, open-minded and adaptable
- Motivated by the humanitarian work
- Able to work under pressure and manage crises with discernment
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and a Motivation letter indicating how you fit the profile set out in the job opening in English exclusively.
We thank to all candidates for applying. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.