OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Senior Software Development Expert
Duty Station : Belgrade
Classification : Consultant
Type of Appointment : 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Estimated Start Date : 01 February 2017
Reference Code : CON 2017/25 - reissued
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Within the EU funded project, implemented by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in partnership with the Serbian Commissariat for Refugees and Migration (SCRM), “Support to the information management, communication and planning capacity in addressing the migration management challenges in Serbia”, the support in external relations within the SCRM will be established. The successful candidate will work under direct supervision of the Project Manager, in close coordination with senior management staff of the Commissariat for Refugees and Migration.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Needs assessment and elicitation of requirements for IT systems that will support SCRM activities
- Develop and implement IT solutions based on gathered requirements:
- Solutions for regular monitoring of accommodation and reception services in accordance with EASO indicators on reception standards
- Solutions for monitoring: daily records of shift hand-over reports, entered questionnaires for the reception of migrants/refugees and stock
- Solutions for various data collection data entry.
- Create specification for IT and communication equipment needed to support developed solutions.
- Support in the development and implementation of the SCRM IT infrastructure
- Provide user support, guidelines, training materials, and training sessions on the deployment, use, operation, and maintenance of software solutions to programme staff and implementing partners.
- Prepare and develop analytical tools and reports for migrant assistance, needs assessments and programme activities using the programme’s various databases.
- Develop and implement proper backup, restore, data validation, maintenance and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability.
- Secure consistent availability of computer services. Support maintenance of and training on all technologies used for information systems.
- Provide technical support to project staff who collect data
- Support the reporting and analysis of data for donors and other stakeholders. Ensure data consistency and provide statistical information and mapping.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School and any other technical degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Technology, Database Management, Software Development, Mathematics or a related field with minimum five years of relevant professional experience.
- University degree in the above fields from an accredited academic institution is advantage.
- Experience in design and implementation of n-tier architecture software solutions.
- Experience in requirements elicitation, analysis and validation.
- Experience in writing documentation for every stage of software development lifecycle.
- Experience in producing, testing and debugging highly maintainable code.
- Strong IT background
- Experience in relevant topics such as migration, displacement, and humanitarian assistance would be an asset.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Fluency in English and Serbian is required.
Method of application
We invite all interested internal candidates to submit IOM Belgrade PH Form (available at: https://serbia.iom.int/vacancy) in English language and motivation letter (not more than one page) electronically.
The deadline for submission of the application is 21.01.2018. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.