OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
We are looking for:
IT and Data Management Focal Point
Duty Station: Belgrade
Classification: Special Short term contract
Type of Appointment: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN – 02/2018 - IT and Data Management Focal Point
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Within the EU funded project, implemented by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in partnership with the Serbian Commissariat for Refugees and Migration (SCRM), “Support to the information management, communication and planning capacity in addressing the migration management challenges in Serbia”, the support in external relations within the SCRM will be established. The successful candidate will work under direct supervision of the Project Manager and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, in close coordination with senior management staff of the Commissariat for Refugees and Migration.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Liaise between SCRM and IOM to provide adequate ideas and solutions.
- Work collaboratively with team members in defining, developing and implementing technology solutions that will support SCRM activities.
- Monitoring of project IT related activities.
- Gather and analyze information about IT project related activities and create periodical reports.
- Assist and support project team on programming, maintenance, technical support, documentation and administration of core applications, IT systems, databases and utilities.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Reference: W64cCgBWKQGdpjtrwOW9sqEOEG2Y7TeTm_b2WhCNae8.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School and any other technical degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Technology, Web Design, Database Management, Software Development, Mathematics or a related field.
- University degree in the above fields from an accredited academic institution is advantage.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant professional experience supporting ICT infrastructure.
- Experience in implementation and management of information systems and network administration.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP model and protocols.
- Knowledge of specialized technical PC and LAN systems; procedures for complex installation and maintenance of hardware and software, network configuration, telephony and collaboration systems.
- Knowledge of concepts, techniques, and methods of configuring, implementing, and maintaining local and wide area data and voice networks, connectivity and interoperability.
- Experience and good knowledge of Windows based server/client systems (installation, configuration, administration, maintenance and troubleshooting).
- Experience in Windows and web based application design and development is desirable.
- Experience in SQL, Access, C#, VB.net, MVC application development and data management is desirable.
- Capacity to communicate clearly.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a team.
Fluency in English is required.
Method of application:
We invite all interested internal candidates to submit IOM Belgrade PH Form (available at this link) in English language and motivation letter (not more than one page) electronically via "Apply Here" button.
The deadline for submission of the application is 18.03.2018. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.