Java Chief Software Architect
We're running an Online Hiring Event on this Saturday, to hire Java Chief Software Architects ($100K/yr).
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
As the Java Chief Software Architect, you will be in charge of conducting code reviews to ensure your team delivers standardized and high-quality artifacts.
We are seeking hands-on professionals with a robust Cloud background and who are comfortable with aggressive weekly targets.
This leadership position demands proficiency to conduct tech reviews, write unit tests and guide a talented pool of architects to seek new ideas to solve business problems continuously.
- Developing expertise in one or more of our proprietary enterprise software products.
- Leverage your broad technology capabilities to set and maintain a level of various technologies to architect and deliver quality products.
- Only the best and most disciplined in their work are expected to succeed.
- If you are open to learning new skills, making decisions based on metrics, challenging yourself on a variety of products, and improving your productivity on an ongoing basis, then this role is for you.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in hands-on development in Java architecture and programming
- 2+ years experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience leading or mentoring junior developers
- 2+ years experience in writing unit tests
- At least 2 years of working experience using cloud technologies such as AWS
- Proven experience with performing code reviews and/or mentoring sessions (has dedicated a minimum of 25% of monthly time on this activity)
- Has worked with back-end technologies based and latest development frameworks
- Has experience working with two or more of data related technologies and familiarity with others from various; Relational databases, NoSQL databases, Caching systems, Full-Text Search engines, Big Data systems
- Has at least 2 years of experience with the TDD approach, doing unit testing, mocking, integration/UI testing, behavior driver testing, writing unit test cases
- Has good experience working with, setting up and configuring any continuous integration and delivery systems, any code quality automation technologies
- Has experience with one or more cloud or devops services like AWS, Docker, Heroku, Digitalocean, etc
- Has experience with one or more front-end technologies including templating, CSS and JS frameworks.
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach
- Demonstrated success as a problem solver, result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world - we do a lot of Skype and video conferencing
- Good proficiency in the English language
These are the recommended and minimum system requirements for participating in the online hiring event.
- Any IDE
- Java 8
- MySQL 5.6+
To apply for a role at Crossover, you will go through a series of online tests, usually during the online hiring event. If you pass these tests, you will be offered the opportunity to participate in our four-full-time week Bootcamp training program. This is elite training taught by our top instructors.
Here’s what our graduates have to say about Bootcamp:
"I am very pleased to say that because of Crossover's unorthodox and unique way of transferring the knowledge through (Paired sessions, coaching sessions with CSMs), I have never been more confident in my technical skills and abilities for my role."
"The CTO Bootcamp was another thing that motivated me. I wanted to see how CTOs across the globe work and learn from them."
"I've been with the company since Aug (been part of the second Bootcamp) and since then I've learned SQL, databases, servers, tapes, other content management systems etc- and that's only been in 3 months. Usually when I'm in a new company, I learned a lot about their platform, their tools etc during the length of my time with them but never at this speed!"
It is offered as soon as you want to get started. You will be compensated for 40 hrs/ week at the hourly rate for the role you are applying to. Bootcamp training is an excellent opportunity to learn about our culture, expectations, tools, processes, and procedures. It's an intensive and demanding program, but every graduate is guaranteed a job at the end of it.
Join our community of remote professionals!
Deadline for applications: 09.12.2018.