Humanitarian organization Médecins sans frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) / Lekari bez granica is conducting a project of humanitarian medical assistance to the migrant population transiting through Serbia.
For its project in Serbia, MSF is recruiting
PROJECT FINANCE / HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Médecins sans frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims or armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Main Purpose of the Position
Planning, coordinating and implementing HR, Admin and Financial activities and policies in the project according to legal obligations and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the project and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives.
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator (PC) and the HR Coordinator and Finance Coordinator, calculating, analysing and monitoring the project's HR and Financial operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the project and proper allocation of funds according to funding contracts. Proposing corrective actions when required.
- Planning, supervising and ensuring the implementation of, in close coordination with the HRCo, the associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing, induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the project staff in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Supporting the project line managers in said processes in order to improve staff capabilities, their end results contribution to mission goals and to boost their active participation and MSF commitment.
- Advising on set-up and updating the project's organizational chart and job descriptions and assisting the PC, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities
- Ensuring hiring, amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level are according to local labour laws. Archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance. In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, looking for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project
- Supervising/performing payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of the project national employees are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.) and timely sent to the HRCO assistant, in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments
- In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, implementing the administrative procedures of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (e.g. Ministry of Health, etc.) and MSF.
- Implementing circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
- Implementing and supervising transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following MSF guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place. Ensuring and controlling the monthly and yearly accountancy closure and all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (Homère and accounting software monthly closure, sitreps, etc.)
- Being responsible of accommodation of staff in the Project in collaboration with the HRCO assistant.
- Desirable degree in management (business, HR), or administration.
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant and similar jobs.
- Desirable, working experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- Essential English, Serbian
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Desirable, knowledge of HR and Financial MSF software (Homere, SAGA)
- People management and development
- Commitment to MSF principles
- Behavioural flexibility
- Results and quality orientation
- Teamwork and cooperation
Adherence to our management values:
- Respect, transparency, accountability, integrity, trust and empowerment.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- Fixed term labor contract
- CV in English
- Copy of diploma obtained
Deadline for applications: 21.12.2017.
Please apply electronically.
Note that only CV in English will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.