Linux Systems Administrator
Novi Sad, Belgrade
As the Linux SA you will be responsible for handing day-to-day operations tasks such as system maintenance and patching, server builds, troubleshooting, user management, performance monitoring and other administrative tasks. You will also serve as an escalation point for the customer facing operations centers, as well as providing additional hands for project tasks as needed.
- This position is full time. The employee is expected to work 40 hours weekly, Mon-Fri.
- Employee will be part of a 24/7 on-call roster
If you have the following:
- 1-2 years’ experience managing Linux hosts in production environments
- 1-2 years’ experience with VMWare virtualization products in a production environment
- 1-2 years’ experience with Apache Webservers, Apache Tomcat, Java, Perl
- Experience with event management, incident handling, and problem resolution
- Must have a high technical aptitude, be highly motivated, and be ready for a challenge
- Strong communication, documentation, and analytical skills
- The ability to handle stressful situations and tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
And possibly the following:
- LAMP stack experience
- Exposure to puppet, chef, or other config. management tools
- Experience with source control (git/svn/cvs or similar)
- Exposure to Jenkins, Travis CI or other automation tools
- Familiarity with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other SQL databases
Then this is what your day will look like:
- Daily operations tasks during scheduled shift.
- Participation in weekly on call rotation
- System maintenance and patching during scheduled maintenance windows
- New server builds utilizing VMWare infrastructure
- Participation in project work under supervision as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management.