In the scope of the EU funded Programme implemented by the known employer we are looking for the candidates for the following positions:
Local Experts for Monitoring of Grants
Time input requested: Part-time engagement up to 14 months
PROGRAMME BACKGROUND RELEVANT FOR THE ADVERTISED POSITIONS:
The Programme in question is funded by the European Union in the scope of Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance and is intended notably to support Local Self-Governments (LSGs) in Serbia. The implementation of this 3-years Programme has started in December 2017.
One of the Programme Components concerns support to LSGs in strengthening the position of Roma population in local communities through implementation of prioritised national and local strategic measures. In this sense, Programme should support LSGs in improving social and economic position of Roma population through employment measures implemented by local communities and combating discrimination and promoting equality of Roma population. This is planned through implementation of a grant scheme and awarding funds for implementation of 36 projects implemented by LSGs in obligatory partnership with civil society organizations.
ASSIGNMENT FOR POSITION:
This ToR defines scope of work, services and results to be provided under the position of a Local Experts for Monitoring of Grants.
The overall objective is to contribute to implementation of projects strengthening the position of Roma population in local communities through implementation of prioritized national and local strategic measures.
The specific objectives are:
- Provide support to LSGs in preparing and delivering reports related to the grant projects in the most effective and timely manner in line with the grant contract, established procedures and deadlines;
- Build capacities of grant beneficiaries in project management.
Concretely, experts will work on the following assignments:
- Carry out monitoring and on the spot checks of the implementing grants in regard to the project implementation management and the progress to the achievement of the foreseen project outputs and outcomes and envisaged indicators for at least 8 grant projects per expert
- Regular communication with assigned grant projects to foster timely implementation of foreseen project activities and overcoming potential bottlenecks
- Providing information in requested format on regular basis related to the progress of the grant projects to Programme Manager and Component 2 Coordinator
- Support in preparation of quarterly reports of at least 8 projects in compliance with relevant procedures and SCTM Manual for implementation of the projects
- Support in preparation and overall control of narrative final reports of the at least 8 grant projects in compliance with Grant contract
- Assistance to the at least 8 grant projects in grant implementation related issues
- Support official monitoring missions held by Contracting Authority
The experts are expected to cooperate closely with the experts for grant finances (Position 1) of awarded grant projects. In such a manner, expert pairs (couples) will be formed. Co-working experts (pairs) will be expected to perform smoothly in a concerted manner. Co-working experts (pairs) will be expected to cooperate/communicate with the expert for procurement, if applicable, depending on grant activities. It is anticipated that the experts will work most directly with projects implementation teams and colleagues from local administrations.
Qualifications, skills and general professional experience:
- University degree or minimum five (5) years of experience in work with LSGs
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Professional experience in the following sectors: social inclusion; employment; anti-discrimination and human rights; youth employment/inclusion
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines
- Computer literacy
- Excellent knowledge of English language
Specific professional experience:
- At least three (3) years of experience in monitoring/evaluation of the grant projects
- Good knowledge of PCM
- Experience in implementation of EU-funded grant schemes
- Good knowledge of PRAG procedures
- Being a holder of driver’s license and an active driver would be an asset
Interested candidates should submit CV in English language.
Deadline for applications: 21.09.2019.