MEAL Field Monitor
for Subotica, Sombor and Kikinda area
Department: International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid
Typology of Contract: Fixed Term contract (Project based)
Starting Date: 11th February 2019
Duration: 8 months
Line Manager: MEAL Officer with strong dotted line with MEAL Consultant – Consortium
Salary: Monthly between 700 and 900 Euro gross 2 (as per Serbian law)
Oxfam Italia programme in Serbia:
Since September 2015 Oxfam is responding to the migrant influx to Europe and aims to meet the needs of people on the move in need of protection. Oxfam is responding in Serbia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYRoM), Greece and in Italy (Sicily) through partners or through direct services delivery (Greece). The responses, that primarily respond to the needs of the affected migrants and refugees aim to deliver relevant and credible information for the purpose of global and national influencing of engaged publics and decision makers. The responses in the countries are aligned by one agreed Strategic Plan that is backed up by a well-developed influencing plan.
The initial response focused on the Serbian borders with Macedonia, Hungary, Bulgaria and Croatia, and the Macedonian border with Greece.
Currently OIT in Serbia manages ECHO funded projects and it is transitioning to EUTF funding. OIT is the Leader organization of a Consortium (with CARE and CARITAS) which will provide access to food in 15 governmental facilities hosting migrants, asylum seekers and refugees in Serbia. Under the supervision of the MEAL Officer and MEAL Consultant, 7 MEAL Assistants will collect data and assure of the quality in service provision in all centres designated to them in the EUTF response.
- Support Consortium in implementing MEAL Framework and ensuring the operationalization and implementation of effective MEAL strategies and plans for programme
- Collect data using ICT tools designed for data collection under MEAL Framework
- Provide in the field verification of reported data through project MEAL systems, including the spot check visits to designated for the verification of actions in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities including monitoring community satisfaction and discussions with beneficiaries regarding accountability and communication
- Implement surveys regarding beneficiary satisfaction and Food consumption scoring
- Organize focus group discussions and key informant interviews within centres where food distribution is provided with beneficiaries and stakeholders
- Participate in capacity building workshops organised for MEAL team
- Report on collected data in a prescribed format, provided by the MEAL Officer
- Any other task as assigned by the MEAL Consultant or MEAL Officer
- Travel for the field visits to the assigned centres by MEAL Consultant and MEAL Officer
- Prepare monthly reports
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a relevant field from a recognized university
- IT literacy and fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to gender equality and social justice, including to the aims and objectives of Oxfam
- Ability to travel extensively in the centers on north of Serbia, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines
- Potential and flexibility of attitude to learn and take on new tasks
- At least 2 years’ experience of work in emergency or development context projects
- Valid driver’s licence
- Ability to use own vehicle in commuting between centres (Consortium will provide a budget for fuel and amortisation costs)
Interested candidates should send their CV, the details of 3 people who will serve as professional references, a short self-presentation letter explaining how the candidate’s qualifications and previous experiences are in line with this job description. Applications shall be sent in English electronically.
Project will contract one MEAL Field Monitor for position Vojvodina 1 – Kikinda, Sombor and Subotica
Please specify location/region you are applying for.
CVs will be pre-selected according to their coherence with the required profile. Candidates might be called for interviews and selection tests starting from the first day after the reception of CVs. Interviews will be held in Belgrade. Travel costs will not be reimbursed to candidates. For candidates who are not in Belgrade the interview will be by Skype/telephone. Only pre-selected CVs will be contacted. Oxfam Italia would like also to inform applying candidates that this recruitment process will serve also to feed into our Humanitarian Roster. Therefore, candidates who are not interested to be considered also for the roster are kindly request to specify it in their self-presentation letter.
We thank all those who sent their application, but we inform that only those pre-selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: for more information about the organization, please consult our webpage: www.oxfamitalia.org.
Deadline for applications: 12.02.2019.