The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The ICRC has been working in this part of Europe since the early 1990s. The organization strives to respond to the needs remaining from armed conflicts in the region. In particular, it seeks to help clarify the fate of missing persons and to address the needs of their families. Throughout the region, the ICRC visits detainees and works with the authorities and civil society to promote IHL and other humanitarian norms. It supports the development of the National Societies, particularly in strengthening their capacities to respond to emergencies and help families separated by migration or other circumstances restore/maintain contact.
The ICRC Belgrade Regional Delegation – Protection Department is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
(Location Belgrade - Resident position/Serbian citizen)
Under the direct supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the Data Manager ensures the management of the protection data collected both internally and externally to support Protection activities and decision-making process through data and information analysis.
The Data Manager manages and processes data relating to individuals and events covered by the ICRC’s mandate, such as prisoners of war and other detainees, missing persons, children separated from their families and violations against civilians and their property. In so doing, he/she contributes directly to the activities of the Protection department in our office. His/her main duties are the following:
- Supervising use of the ICRC case-management system
- Supporting the protection coordination team in adopting and implementing new ICT tools
- Following up data collected in the field
- Contributing to or managing the daily organization of the protection office: managing documents and information
- Guaranteeing the protection and security of individuals’ personal data
- Compiling detailed and complex analyses and statistics
- Carrying out data processing; sets data-entry procedures and participates in reviews of working procedures
- Providing training and coaching to colleagues in the Protection Department
- Reference: 2r8qyS5TEFVAgWTobcPBWFLCHwQ_2LqOmlT91X7vB0I.
Desired profile and skills
- Professional command of English, additional language an asset
- Bachelor degree in Information Management, Social Sciences or a related field. Qualifying professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the university degree
- Three to four years professional experience, including at least two years using and managing computer data
- Fully conversant with and keen interest in working in Microsoft & Office environment (Excel, Word) and Web tools
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics CRM, MS Report Builder and SQL an asset
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Open-minded, adaptable and creative
- Responsible, possessing good organizational skills, methodical and precise
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills, self-disciplined
- Marked interest in new technologies
- Ability to work in a team under pressure
- Propensity for supervising and training staff
- High sense of discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Available for itinerary missions abroad / ready to travel occasionally within Europe
What we offer
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Progressive professional development
- Stimulating benefits package
Interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria should submit their applications exclusively in English by Friday 15.09.2017. (letter of motivation and CV).
We thank all candidates for applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.