Senior BI Analyst
LOCATION: Serbia, Belgrade
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Use data to figure out insights to increase profits and efficiency.
- Gather this data through a number of ways, from mining computer data through software, looking other internal or external data and trends to help develop a picture of where the business stands, where can we improve and where can we reduce costs.
- Provide on-going analytics, metric optimization, and reports for the Business & Leadership/Management to assist in day to day business decisions
- Development of new analytics as needed, or potentially other forums of distribution as needed.
- Resolve any issues that arise within key analytics from a development standpoint. For data integrity issues, provide support in resolving
- Cataloging of existing data, reports, analytics that provide clear instructions on how certain reports are run, what data is included in them, frequency of update
- Will assist in the development of models, converting output into Flags / Early Warning Systems, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in the development of business model, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Use analytical skills and techniques to identify opportunities to remove waste, save time, increase productivity, and drive continuous improvement within Services organization.
- Work on develop scorecards and dashboards for KPI tracking, and enable them to make sound business decisions informed by accurate, congruent, and reliable information.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organization to obtain and develop accurate data for the business models and metrics.
- Equip stakeholders/internal customers with data and visualization needs to share benefits with external customers.
- Analyze data trends, seasonality, and other random effects to quickly identify issues or best practices, assist program subject matter experts to get to root cause analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree (in business, management, accounting, economics, statistics, information science or similar)
- 3-5 years of related experience required
- Technical Skills: Business intelligence analysts use complex computer programs to mine data sources and look for trends.
- Analytical Skills: A major part of the job is to determine what data trends mean. Being able to analyze the data is crucial.
- Problem-Solving: Business intelligence analysts need to look at the data trends and recommend solutions for creating more revenue and reducing loss.
- Time Management: Business intelligence analysts work on large projects and many data streams and many deadlines. Being able to juggle it all is crucial to the job.
- Communication Skills: Once the data is analyzed, must be able to communicate findings
- Able to learn at a rapid pace, desire to go the extra-mile consistently
- Proven track record of providing needed requests accurately, consistently and on time Proficient in use of tools such as Tableau/Tableau Server
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: Data visualization, statistical modeling, or data mining
- Superior communication (verbal and written), presentation, and organization skills; ability to communicate complex analytical findings clearly and concisely.
- Strong willingness to learn with an attitude of continuous improvement. Commitment to quality and strong attention to detail.
- Experience with dashboards, guided analytics, or self-defined presentation of data
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics or equivalent experience
- Certification in process improvement methodologies and tools (Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, Lean, DFSS, etc.)
- Proficient in SQL Server maintenance and development
- Proficient in use of MINITAB or high-level rapid prototyping language such as Python, R
- Familiarity with low-level deployment language such as Java, C++, C#, etc.
- Familiarity with Hadoop and Scripting Languages a plus
- Experience with Business Objects
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.