Title: Software Update and Compliance Engineer
You have knowledge of Linux and Windows OS including cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.), as well as an understanding of server architecture and how virtualization platforms work (VMWare, Xen, VirtualBox, etc.)?
You have the ability to read and understand Python and Bash scripts?
This might be a great new step in your career!
Key areas of responsibility:
- You will be using our in-house developed tools to deploy software updates to our customer virtualization solutions.
- You will be regularly be reviewing security logs and responding to alerts
- You will be performing security scans of our customers solutions
- Regular customer platform(s) security scanning in accordance with PCI Compliance.
- PCI Compliance tasks (weekly/monthly/quarterly).
- Raising product defects/enhancements identified during software update and PCI Compliance tasks.
- Preparation and delivery of software updates across all customer platforms.
- Identifying and resolving update failures and escalating to the SDS support team where required.
- Tracking all issues and ensuring all failure information is captured for reporting and trend analysis.
- Maintain detailed records of software updates
- Create and maintain technical documentation on the software update process
- Own and report back software update success to key stakeholders.
- Ensure software update and PCI related documentation is kept up to date.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A good understanding of Linux OS and its command line tools (Bash, GNU tools)
- Basic knowledge in Python (recognizing parts of the code, ability to read and alter code)
- Understanding the concept of release management lifecycle (remote software delivery, scheduling, patch management)
- Understanding how incident management works and how it's tracked
- Experience in working with Windows clients/servers
- Understanding of virtualization technologies (pref. experience in working with one of the virtualization platforms: Xen, VMWare, KVM/QEMU, Oracle VirtualBox, etc.)
- Understanding of cloud technologies and how they work
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- May require rotation in work hours and/or extended hours, as needed, to accommodate customer needs. Work may span multiple time zones, cultures and countries, and varying levels of management associated with multiple Customer personnel, internal organizations, and third-party suppliers.
Preferable knowledge and experience:
- Understanding PCI compliance and how it works