ARE YOU READY?
We are a young, dynamic, passionate and innovative telecommunication company.
We have more than 300 people in our team and we are all dedicated to providing quality, innovative and reliable solutions to our residential and business clients in the field of fixed – line telephony, Internet and IP television services.
Be a part of the adventure.
We believe in challenges.
IN ORDER TO EXPAND OUR NETWORK DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE TEAM WE ARE SEEKING EXPERIENCED ENGINEER FOR THE POSITION:
Network and Service Monitoring System Engineer
- Implementation and support of the Network Management System solution based on commercial and open-source tools, enabling robust event monitoring across all strategic platforms and services – network, databases, servers and others as well as Service Level Agreement, Root Cause Analysis and Business Impact monitoring
- Ensure that the monitoring system will be updated after the set-up of new clients, network elements, platforms and/or services
- Participate to the provisioning phase ensuring that the implementations of new network elements, systems and services are taking into account the monitoring aspects and providing to the operations department necessary documentation and procedures
- Maintain health of the environment by keeping the environment current with upgrades and patches and by troubleshooting and resolving issues with the associated tools
- Writing scripts (shell, bash, perl, etc.) to execute monitoring tasks that are out of the scope and capabilities of the monitoring systems
- Provide a monthly report to the Network Development and Maintenance unit manager on the service availability of the VIP clients and Orion telekom infrastructure
- Support the set-up of automatic processes and solutions that evidence to the Orion telekom’s customer the quality of the services offers
- Create monthly reports on service availability for business customers
- Participate and support troubleshooting and analysis processes in case dimensioning of the network and services or unexpected systems behavior impact the quality of the services offered by Orion telekom
- Develop, implement, and execute test plans for new and existing features of the NMS
- Ensure that NMS software and licenses are up to date and according to the commercial agreement with vendors
- Experience in:
- implementation and maintenance of network monitoring software
- integration of network elements and/or server’s infrastructure into the network monitoring system
- adapting software for monitoring the network
- selecting architecture and implementing the server’s infrastructure
- implementing virtual infrastructure (KVM, Xen)
- Installing and maintaining Linux software
- Creating and adapting the script for work in a Linux environment
- Basic knowledge of L2 and L3 networking technology: VLAN, STP, ARP, static routing, load balancing
- Good understanding of network management tools and protocol: ping, traceroute, SNMP, syslog
- The skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail;
- Analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organization;
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize your workload
...and from us, you can expect to work in a dynamic and technologically diverse environment, with great people and opportunities for learning and growth.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview.
All applications will be considered confidential.