Balkaneum is a development house charged with several projects in the sphere of cryptocurrency, e-commerce and financial asset trading.
We seek to expand our Xcalibra team with an experienced
NODEJS BACKEND DEVELOPER
What you will be working on:
Xcalibra is a financial asset exchange software that allows people to trade with crypto and traditional currencies. This kind of software is very challenging due to the high volume of requests coming in from users and bots, which must all be resolved into a single unified state (so no easy sharding/parallelization option). All activity must be presented live to users using sockets. This is not a simple web API, it takes a lot of care to execute it correctly.
Our current stack and workflow is as follows:
- Our main backend and satellite apps are all done in pure node.js
- Data is stored in postgresql.
- Frontend is react + redux, typescript and styled components
- Our landing page is next.js
- Some of the admin apps are wrapped in electron.js
- Our devops flow is based on gitlab + gitlab-ci
- We are hosting everything on our own dedicated server infrastructure
The platform has been recently released after a year of development, but there is a lot of work still to be done, including reorganizing some of the backend infrastructure, adding new payment options and maybe transitioning parts of the system to go or rust.
You would be our ideal candidate if:
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience working on backend services or system software.
- You know node.js or are interested in transitioning to it.
- You understand best practices and when to break them. You can write performant code, but know when not to. You appreciate the importance of combating the spread of entropy in large codebases.
- You are a thoughtful and detail-oriented developer. The code you deliver is reasonably tested and stable, leaving only an occasional edge case for the QA to discover. You don’t expect anyone else to clean up behind you.
- You are proactive. Instead of sitting idly, you pick tickets you’d like to work on. You create new ones when you have an idea or notice something wrong. You are OK with a flat organizational structure.
- You are comfortable communicating in English, in written and verbal form.
Benefits of working at Balkaneum:
- No outsourcing, no dealing with clients or salesmen - we work on our own products
- Small teams in good offices (no open office layout), ergonomic chairs
- Great computers, choose between a high-powered PC or a Mac
- Private health insurance
- Company-provided free lunch every day
- Fully stocked fridge, coffee
- Competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Company sponsored trips to conferences and meetups
- Bonuses based on team achievements
We are located in Belgrade city center, near the Parliament building.
With your application, we encourage you to include your open source code profile (github, bitbucket...), portfolio site, stack overflow account, hacker rank link, a code sample or anything else that demonstrates your craftsmanship.
Deadline for applications: 23.10.2019.