- The Online Programmer will design and implement functionalities linking the player(s) and the online server/services
- Reference: bmu4xUaNus5vZVgRj-l2EjV2CQL2vtyuY47SdjJN8A8.
- You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game’s network and online services, and the related tools that are used for the game’s development
- You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different worldwide sites in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major AAA titles
- Design, prototype, and implement the connectivity services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind
- Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind
- Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary
- Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team
- Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams worldwide (with both technical and non-technical parties)
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other job families) to understand how to use the new systems and features
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming. Python programming experience is a plus
- Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, web services; peer-to-peer architecture is a plus
- Database programming knowledge in MySQL; Redis and MongoDB are a plus
- Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline and TRC/TCR restrictions is highly appreciated
- Autonomy, good problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Fluent in English
We have salaries to motivate you, bonuses for your performances, but most of all you'll love the atmosphere and our working environment.
We are Ubisoft:
Our heroes are full of character. Full of their own challenges, hopes and dreams. Just like our colleagues. Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.
Combining passion and performance, our teams bring ideas to life. More than just games, we strive to create immersive and engaging worlds that offer moments of escape, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for self-discovery and learning.
In an ever-evolving industry Ubisoft teams are eager to enrich players’ lives with unique and memorable gaming experiences.
We want you to be our partner in this, we want you to evolve with us.