Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno is implementing USAID funded project in Serbia and is looking for qualified individuals to join our Belgrade based team.
We are looking for
PR and Events Management Specialist
Job description and statement of work
USAID has awarded Cardno a four-year contract to improve the competitiveness of the Serbian private sector and increase the predictability and transparency of the business enabling environment, through improvements in the business enabling environment that remove regulatory and financing constraints to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) sector growth.
Through this activity Cardno focuses on identifying and facilitating those improvements within the business enabling environment that have the greatest potential impact on overall predictability and stability of the business environment and SME sector investment and growth, including but not limited to tax related reforms that should increase predictability of doing business, business inspections’ oversight that decreases the administrative and financial costs, and contributing to digital transformation of Serbian economy aimed at increasing competitiveness and access to markets of Serbian businesses. Simultaneously, it focuses on the development of approaches to expand the volume and diversity of financial services available to SMEs to enable these SMEs to invest in growth and expand their operations, generate export-led growth, and promote greater integration with European and global markets.
The PR and Events Management Specialist will manage and lead the project communications and outreach as well as events management across all project activities under the direction of the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party management.
Scope of Work
The PR and Events Management Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following tasks:
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party (COP), the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), and the technical staff to develop annual work plans and communications strategy and targets in accordance with the CFG contract.
- Assist the CoP, DCoP and technical staff with the preparation of project and program written deliverables, including project success stories and regular program reporting, as assigned.
- Lead organization, implementation and management of all project events. Develop and maintain event management checklists for different types of events the project will organize.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with media and journalists.
- Participate in development of visual materials by coordinating and supervising the graphic design work by the project's roster of designers and subcontractors.
- Make sure all materials are made in accordance with the Branding and Marking Plan and delivered to the project timely.
- Maintain regular communication with USAID’s communications team and the CoR, in coordination with the CoP and DCoP. Act as the liaison between the USAID Mission and Cardno management relative to the press and public events. Coordinate with USAID’s communications team on any and all press releases and/or media alerts requiring USAID approvals, and keep the USAID informed and advised of any press or media activities.
- Work with the project team and communication subcontractors to utilize a variety of media tools to disseminate messages to further project objectives and activities and on the impact of USAID assistance, potentially including: press releases; media conferences, press briefings, management & staff interviews; television, radio, social media, and cell phone announcements (e.g., PSAs); beneficiary, expert, and advocacy testimonials; billboards; success stories; site visits; professional photography & videos; and the USAID/Serbia and partners’ websites.
- Manage Communication’s subcontractors in coordination with CFG management and technical staff, monitor subcontractors’ activities, and evaluate their proposals and requests.
- In close cooperation with the Communication subcontractor, manage project's social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This includes constant updates of the profiles with news about the project`s activities, use of proper hashtags, community management and overall increasing of the project visibility on social media.
- In close cooperation with the Communication’s subcontractor moderate, update and modify the content of the CFG Website. Taking leadership in maintaining the website and making sure every piece of news, documents or information about the project is on the website accordingly.
- Keep an organized, segmented and up to date contact base of partners, media and all other relevant stakeholders in order to keep track of all communication efforts efficiently and make sure all contacts are in one place and easily accessible to the team.
- Gather information from the team members to include in weekly reports for the project.
- Provide any other assistance to project activities as needed.
Capacities Required for Position:
The following are the key minimum capabilities required:
- Undergraduate degree or higher;
- Ability to represent the Project well before members of the press, counterparts, clients and donors and the public in both Serbian and English;
- Track record of previous PR activities and proven relations with national and local media representatives;
- Strong organizational, analytical and communications skills, including crisis management skills;
- Strong event management skills and attention to details;
- Fluency in Serbian and excellent English-language verbal and written skills;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. PowerPoint, Word, and Excel);
- Demonstrated outcomes of previous work and ability to bring assignments to a successful completion;
- A forward-thinking and pro-active approach to working;
- A positive, friendly, professional, can-do attitude and appearance in serving as a representative of the project and in all interactions with colleagues within the office.
To apply please submit a CV and one-page cover letter in English.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 14.08.2019.