DAI is seeking a Payroll Administrator to join our busy Human Resources Team. This will be a full-time, permanent role and will be based in our office in Belgrade (Serbia). Please state your salary expectations (gross per annum in Euros) in your cover letter. Please note that you must be eligible to work in stated location.
The primary focus of the role is to ensure accurate salary payment and support payroll accounting and audit through provision of correct inputs to outsourced payroll providers across all EU locations (currently 12 payrolls, UK not within remit); verifying accuracy of outputs to confirm payments to be made and ensuring provision of all reports and outputs to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate reward data is maintained by outsourced payrolls by:Providing accurate new starter information to payrolls, including salary, contract, national identity and any other statutory information.
- Providing salary updates (as advised by Senior HRBP) associated with promotion, salary increments or indexation.
- Indicating changes impacting tax status (e.g. change in parental/marital status).
- Providing updates on any changes in benefits to ensure they are correctly reflected and (as necessary) taxed via payroll.
- Provide outsourced payroll providers with monthly payroll variables as relevant per geography (holiday, sickness, salary changes) – maintaining appropriate internal records of such.
- Support communications and administration of Global employee ownership scheme across geographies.
- Verify payslips and reports from payroll (with second check performed by SHRBP or HR Coordinator).
- Notify any updates and once accurate confirm final validation and request payment by contractual deadline – either from payroll or finance as appropriate.
- Save payroll related reports and invoices, ensuring appropriate access and data protection (e.g. internally by finance but ensuring no visibility to those without salary privileges), if sending, ensure appropriate protections in place.
- Ensure provision of payslips to all employees (direct from payroll, via shared files/portal or on paper/by email, as appropriate per geography).
- Coordinate receipt and sharing of compliance documentation from employees.
- Cross check and liaise to correct any discrepancies between declared leave across all relevant platforms, )(e.g. sickness absence declared by sick note appears in ADP).
- Consider and advise on any procedural improvements or streamlining to improve efficiency, compliance and/or reduce potential for error or data breach.
- Support notification of accurate reward changes across EU.
- Supporting mail merge communications of statutory salary changes for issue to employees.
- Act as second check on accuracy of all figures/documents going to employees and managers.
- Support maintenance of local cost/net calculators by ensuring updates from outsourced payroll providers on tax changes or impact are communicated to HR Coordinator.
- Act as day to day contact for outsourced payroll providers in relation to monthly salaries, escalating complex issues or queries to Senior HRBP.
- Address payroll queries with finance and employees, consulting with Senior HRBP as necessary.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Significant experience in payroll, HR and general administration across multiple geographies including one or more of the following: Bulgaria, Serbia, Belgium, Austria, Turkey, Germany, Spain, Croatia, Netherlands.
- Keen eye for detail and commitment to accuracy and compliance.
- Experience of working in an international environment dealing with a variety of cultures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Education/qualification in HR Administration and/or payroll.
- Fluency in another relevant language, especially German, Bulgarian, French or Spanish.
The salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. There are several day-to-day perks of working at DAI that help keep us happy and motivated!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, gender identity, or national origin.
You will be pleased to know that we strive to uphold the highest ethical standards and that we are working with our clients to reduce the opportunity for people who are known to have breached ethical standards to work in our field. Any staff and/or consultant contract with DAI, therefore, will be subject to satisfactory reference checking and vetting.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
Predstavništvo DAI Global Austrija GmbH & Co KG
DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies. Since 1970, we have worked in more than 150 countries—delivering…Više o poslodavcu