NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Program Manager/Project Manager
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Required to oversee and coordinate multiple projects and streams
- Act as primary liaison with customers ensuring oversight of program management process from concept phase through deployment
- Initiates the overall structure of the program and its activities, including evaluating project plans, identifying and managing issues and risks across projects
- Responsible for coordinating communications, including compiling project information for reviews and promoting governance compliance with the project management team
- Program Manager is responsible for the mentoring of project team members
- Applies analysis and independent judgment to both routine and non-routine information
- Able to respond to the majority of situations with limited guidance and formulate alternative courses of action on more complex information
- Ensure that component projects and streams are properly integrated and all dependencies are identified and managed
- Structures the program into time-phased projects and prioritizes key program deliverables
- Assumes full accountability for overall success of the program and its projects through deployment
- Responsible for the definition of the project goals and objectives
- Identify resource requirements and ensures resources are committed and engaged for all project phases
- Develops and manages program/project budget; Track incurred and projected expenses against program plan and report to management
- Identify key Program metrics/milestones and assess risks
- Produces program and project documentation; Establish/maintain project information systems
- Manage key decision points in program plan
- Manage Program to ensure SOWs are created, deliverables are produced, and sign-offs are obtained
- Responsible for the definition of roles and responsibilities so program is well executed
- Negotiate within and across the organizations for resources to support program objectives; Support negotiations with vendors and internal clients on cost, schedule, and scope
- Develop mitigation strategies and steps to eliminate or minimize effects of risk on program plans
- Review and evaluate program documentation deliverables for completeness and accuracy; Conduct post-implementation review and communicate results to facilitate learning
- Significant experience (8+ years) of successful customer facing programme/project management ideally in the retail sector
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Significant experience of software development methodologies and delivery
- Significant experience in the financial management of programmes and projects
- Strong stakeholder management, negotiation and communications skills, both written and verbal, particularly reporting to senior level executives and customers
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrable customer service skills
- Flexibility in your approach to work with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- An approachable and resilient nature
- Experience and enthusiasm for mentoring others
- A proactive, flexible and hands on approach
- An excellent working knowledge of MS Project and MS Office in general
- Project management qualification such as PRINCE2 Practitioner or PMP is preferable
- A degree or equivalent experience
- Establish ownership of enterprise-wide issues
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About NCR NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Deadline for applications: 18.10.2019.