Organization Name OSCE Mission to Serbia
Closing Date of application 27.05.2019.
No. of Posts 1
This vacancy is open only for persons with the citizenship of the Republic of Serbia.
This is an extra-budgetary position subject to the availability of funds. The incumbent will receive a Fixed-term Letter of Appointment, which will be subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period and which will be renewable, subject to satisfactory performance, until the end of the Project (currently expected to run until 16 March 2020).
The incumbent will work within the project "Support to Monitoring of National War Crimes Trials (Phase II)" (ExB #2400681), which is placed within the Management Unit of the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head of Department and the direct supervision of the National Legal Officer, the incumbent assists in the implementation of the project activities aimed at strengthening Serbia’s criminal justice system in order to render accountability for war crimes and co-operate with civil society in monitoring and in promoting public awareness of the war crimes trials. Specifically:
- Prepares working documents and background material pertaining to the issues addressed through project activities. Drafts spot reports on specific issues relating to war crimes trials for the use of the Mission. Drafts other reports, requests, interim and final reports, project evaluation reports and briefing papers on the project implementation. Drafts project inputs for the bi-weekly Mission activity report;
- Organises training, workshops, seminars and meetings in order to help the project cooperate with civil society in monitoring war crimes trials, strengthen capacities of judges, prosecutors, judicial assistants, defence attorneys and police officers in implementing rules of international law and improving their case management skills as well as promote public awareness of the war crimes trials. In particular:
- Assists in designing education programs in accordance with the existing, changed or newly introduced national and international regulations;
- Assists in designing and participates in training, seminars and conferences;
- Assists in the development of project activities and liaises with counterparts, so to facilitate their support and participation;
- Prepares implementing partner agreements and follows the implementation of the activities by the Implementing Partners (IPs);
- Liaises with international, regional and national governmental and non-governmental institutions with the purpose of collecting and sharing information and co-ordinating activities in the area of transitional justice;
- Assists in collating and gathering information necessary for the development of outreach events and the assessment of their impact;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Citizenship of or permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia;
- Secondary education supplemented by formal training or studies in administration or project management;
- Minimum four (4) years of relevant working experience in administration and/or project development and management;
- Previous work experience in dealing with the judiciary or legal agencies, non-governmental organizations and donors;
- Knowledge of key issues related to the rule of law in Serbia;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Serbian;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different nationalities, cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the OSCE core values and competencies by studying the OSCE Competency Model available at: https://jobs.osce.org/osce-competency-model
The incumbent will receive a Fixed-Term Letter of Appointment, which will be subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period, and which will be renewable, subject to satisfactory performance, until the end of the Project. The Project is currently expected to run until 16 March 2020.
Appointments are normally made at Step 1 of the applicable salary scales.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is EUR 1,504.92. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment at a lower grade or offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
How to Apply
Please apply online through the OSCE website (www.osce.org/employment) no later than 27.05.2019. Only online applications will be considered; applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who have not been contacted by 30 June 2019 should consider there will be no follow up to their application.
Contact Tel. No: 011-3606 100, ext.: 4133, 4130, 4127, 4157, 4153 (Human Resources Office).