Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We're looking for a talented individual to join the FIS – Front Arena Market Server team. You will work as part of an international team who is responsible for developing, supporting and operating Market Server for our Portfolio Management and Risk System (Front Arena).
Our Development Environment:
- Financial services industry with fantastic work/life balance
- Agile process, automated CI, small cross-functional teams with dedicated product owners and QA testers
- Professional tools: high-spec workstations with dual monitors, MSDN licenses, Visual Studio etc.
What you will be doing
As a back-end software developer within our Market Server team, you will work in an iterative cycle with other developers and product management.
Features & enhancements, performance optimization, architectural improvements & refactoring, targeted R&D and proof-of-concepts. You will be responsible, along with the rest of your team, for testing, documenting, and providing technical support for your own work.
- Write simple, elegant, testable code
- Collaborate with product experts, analyze real-world requirements, create functional domain models and technical solutions
- Continuously ship new features and updates to our entire user base
- Design and implement: APIs, database schemas and queries
- Design and implement: Intuitive interfaces, to make complex data accessible and easy to work with
What you bring
- 1-3 years of software development in Python
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- Strong Python programming skills
- High level knowledge of objected-oriented programming principles
- Strong interpersonal skills able to communicate well at all levels both internally and externally at different levels within an organization
- Ability to contribute in an international team-based structure
- A genuine interest to understand the financial markets and its key players
- English language fluency
Added bonus if you are:
- Passionate about creating software that tackles complexity with a divide and conquer approach
- Motivated self-learner, comfortable working in a polyglot technology stack
- Enthusiastic about learning new languages and frameworks
- Determined about keeping code clean and maintainable yet pragmatic when needed
- Knowledge of C++ is a big plus
- Relevant experience in Finance, Banking, Hedge Funds, or Accounting - experience developing software for any industry with a challenging business domain is a plus
- Experience using the Microsoft technology stack (Visual Studio, SQL Server etc.)
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Ready to start your journey with us?
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only the button below in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered)
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
Deadline for applications: 25.10.2019.