Do you have solid development experience and communication skills? Are you a team player with a ‘can do’ mentality? Are you passionate about building nice solutions that create a lot of impact for customers? Is building next-gen FinTech products inspiring for you?
All of the above? Sounds like a match! We have a job opening for a Python Developer at our SimpledCard office in Budapest or Amsterdam.
What is it like to work in SimpledCard’s development team?
We’re a small cross-functional team. We cooperate with business, and what we build arrives in the customer’s hand within weeks. We work independently, with tech-savvy management and CEO. Our team is trusted to create a usable, valuable product, so we make sure to use our resources wisely.
Our work principle is cooperation over individualism. We value ideas, irrespective of who said them, so everything can be discussed, and everything can be challenged. Our motto is to keep an open mind, speak up if something is not going well, and keep on learning.
At SimpledCard we care for each other, as individuals and as a team as well. We like to occasionally spend time together after work, having some fun, playing games, or just catching up with stories. Work-life balance is something that is taken seriously in our team because valuing our personal life creates a strong base to build on.
We are looking for someone for whom software development is a passion, not just a job. You not only write code but you also craft and run a product with a long-term vision in mind. You are positive, open to change, and have the ability to learn and cooperate with others. You are pragmatic and proactive, and you do what needs to be done: building and running the system.
What would be your responsibilities:
- Work closely with the product owner, support roadmap discussions, and giving input on customer features;
- Act as a medior developer for our data & integration projects; which include:Customer-facing integrations with for example ExactOnline and similar system (API based);
- Internal applications for real-time monitoring transaction and invoicing for example;
- Maintain ETL-ecosystem for our Data Warehouse ;
- Help design a new ETL-pipeline architecture;
- Use the DWH to answer specific information requests together with the PO.
- Coach and mentor junior developers, providing regular feedback, code review, advice on learning path;
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- BSc or MSc in computer science or at least 2 years of experience working as a python developer;
- Ability to take on a task and execute it albeit with Jr team member and/or the PO;
- Experienced with SQL, web services and API development;
- Ability to collaborate on projects and work independently when required;
- Good communication skills, good knowledge of the English language.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing FinTech scale-up, a financially stable company continuously increasing both our customer base and team;
- Build experience as the senior team member with lots of opportunities to learn and grow;
- Modern technology stack;
- Product culture and business savvy: we don’t just write code, we build products;
- Competitive salary;
- No overtime;
- Great company culture, no office politics and regular team and company events;
- A modern office with a beautiful view, free coffee, tea, fruits, etc.
Are you up for the challenge? We would like to hear from you and welcome you as our newest team member soon!
Organizing payment methods, processing and checking expense claims manually can be a laborious and lengthy workflow. SimpledCard helps finance teams to get better control over business spend so that they can simply rely on their financial reporting. It combines watertight expense management with more ease and security for employees
Since its founding in 2014, we have brought together an international team with over 25 years of experience in finance as well as in custom software development. Working with over 600 medium to large organizations, we are on a mission to help them achieve fluid business operations with solid controls.
Our Budapest office has an incredible view over the Danube, while our Amsterdam office is beautifully located in a church near the city centre. You will work in a young, ambitious and sociable team with 40+ colleagues of different nationalities.
- Holandija, Inostranstvo, Haarlemmerstraat 124 E-F