We are looking for a:
Python Software Engineer
Seven Bridges is connecting the world’s biomedical information to accelerate research and improve health. We are collaborating with a wide variety of distinguished pharmaceutical, health-care, and academic partners. A central part of our mission is to help these partners investigate and treat all kinds of genetic disorders.
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enables scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine.
As a member of our Engineering department, you will with your team have the opportunity to extend our platform by building innovative tools and products, and be involved in designing new and custom solutions. You will work on a subset of our 80+ production services and tools and be involved with their design, implementation, integration, unit testing, as well as deployment and operation of these services.
Some of the problems our teams are solving:
- Authentication, authorization and access control.
- Developing and maintaining various django apps and APIs for frontend.
- Automating our solutions to work with the rest of the platform.
- Single Sign On and external login (using SAML and OpenID Connect protocols).
- Data wrangling, exploration and visualization.
An ideal candidate would:
- Have 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Be proficient in Python server-side development.
- Understand the common design patterns and engineering practices.
- Have a solid knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
- Have a basic knowledge of REST API's and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Be genuinely curious and constantly strive to learn.
It would be great if you:
- Have knowledge and hands-on experience with distributed systems and complex infrastructures.
- Are fluent in more than one programming language and/or paradigm.
- Feel comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.).
- Are familiar with various semantic web/linked data technologies (RDF, triple stores, ...).
- Have experience with interactive visualization and infographic development.
- Have a strong passion for Information retrieval problems and solutions.
- Have the will to learn basic bioinformatics, biomedical and clinical concepts.
Some of the libraries and technologies we use are:
- Databases - MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- In-memory data stores - Redis, Memcached
- Message queues - ActiveMq, RabbitMq, ZeroMq
- And plenty of others - Docker, Werkzeug, Gunicorn, SQLAlchemy, Django, Nginx, Pytest...
- Git is our version control system of choice.
- And, naturally we are always prepared to introduce new technologies if the need should arise!
We value our team more than anything else. We like to learn from each other and share knowledge. Our engineering team is built upon a culture of initiative and openness, where we embrace open discussion about potential technical solutions and genuine curiosity. We value expertise, integrity, accountability and patience.
If you would like to work with us and help us build the next generation of genomics and be part of our engineering team, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter. Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges!
Deadline for applications: 04.07.2019.