Regional MES Transformation Leader
Join our digitalization journey in Grundfos and play a key role in our global Manufacturing Execution System (MES) program – a focal point in our digitalization journey in Grundfos. In this you take part in defining, developing and deploying our future global MES platform across Grundfos’ global production footprint.
“The MES program is a huge initiative and a top prioritized program within Grundfos Operations and is a key enabler for our continued digitalization journey. Our ambition is that the new MES platform is deployed globally and will be our one standardized MES platform across all of Grundfos”, says Manager, Rasmus Buhl Andersen.
Joining a global MES program
You will join our AME MES & Traceability team within our Digital Development and Innovation (DDI) division in Grundfos Operations. Here you will be part of our MES program, where you will be regional responsible for successful implementation of our MES platform across our plants in the EMEA region.
Essentially, the MES program is a global program focusing on development and deployment of a global and standardized MES framework. You will join a program that is continuously growing as our MES platform matures and reaches more and more plants. In your role you will work closely together with colleagues from our Operations, Supply Chain and IT organizations as well as consultants from external partners, to deploy MES solutions across the full EMEA region. As regional responsible you will have strong collaboration with manufacturing plants in your region, safeguarding execution of smooth and successful deployment projects.
Global deployment of a MES platform
The journey of our MES program started with a pilot project in our Factory of the Future plant in Bjerringbro, Denmark. The pilot project has been completed, and now we start to scale and deploy globally. This is where your role becomes crucial.
As Regional MES Transformation Leader” you are the regional anchor point that sets the direction for MES implementations prioritized in the region. Together with plants you define the MES solutions that is to be implemented, while at the same time safeguarding that solutions are following global standards. You take a key lead in making sure that transformation of manufacturing processes is managed in a controlled environment, and you take active ownership in guiding the plant safely through the implementation journey.
In parallel to MES implementation projects you make sure to identify and specify region-specific opportunities to further build into our global MES standard platform. Together with key stakeholders in your region, in plants and with suppliers, you constantly evaluate current and future state of our manufacturing setup in the region. The output of these discussions you share with the MES platform development team, where you advocate opportunities for platform innovation in your region.
To be successful in this role you are:
- The natural go-to person for plants in EMEA region – supporting both daily challenges in deployment projects as well as defining ambitions for future manufacturing execution processes.
- A key resource in any implementation project – from early plant assessment and fit gap analysis to implementation and go-live.
- Supporting project management in establishing project organizations and securing resource availability in plants and with external partners.
- Engage actively with platform development team placed centrally in Bjerringbro, Denmark, making sure development of extended MES platform functionality is in line with needs and conditions in manufacturing plants in your region.
- Drive change management at all levels of the organization, making sure plants are fully engaged and supports targeted impact of our program.
“Your key challenge will be to have your region truly onboarded into our ambitions of our MES program. In this you need to be a strong subject matter expert and a profound network builder”. Rasmus explains.
A strong collaborator with solid domain knowledge
You are a team player by heart and takes pride in developing solutions that brings true value to the business. You most likely have a background from a global manufacturing company, and have strong experience working with global implementations of MES systems within discrete manufacturing. Moreover;
- You hold a master’s degree.
- You have strong experience working with manufacturing processes in a MES perspective.
- You have solid experience developing and deploying MES systems on enterprise level, and have a solid project and change management toolbox.
- You have general experience with SAP ERP and PLM systems.
- It’s a plus if you are familiar with Siemens MES solutions.
- You are fluent in English.
On a personal level, being outgoing and great at networking will get you far. You know how to involve people around you, and you establish strong relations on all organizational levels. Excellent communication skills allow you to be persistent while navigating your many different stakeholders and their opinions, and finally, you know how to balance a holistic approach with going into details when necessary.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/5195 or our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwY54t455CU.
Deadline for applications: 04.10.2019.