We are looking for:
Location: Novi Sad
The Release Engineer will be responsible building our software and coordinating releases to our servers for all product lines. A qualified candidate will work with the development, quality assurance, and system administration teams to ensure reliable release procedures throughout the Software Development Lifecycle. Experience with building software is essential.
- Position is full-time and will require a minimum of 40 hours per week of work
- Working hours are Monday to Friday from 5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.in summer and from 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. in winter
- Reference: w0rakS-AQW_P2ZEm1_PuNjYGGGqmfDwUIrVO3JR-GXE.
If you have the following:
- Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- 2 + yrs. of software development. (Software Engineer with System Administration skills).
- Knowledge of the Java language and system architecture concepts.
- Proficient in the use of source control management and defect tracking systems (Git, Bitbucket, JIRA).
- 2+ years’ experience with Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, post gres, scripting languages, SSL, web protocols.
- 2+ years’ experience operating within large Unix/Linux environments.
- Familiar with continuous deployment concepts, such rpms, tars and war files.
- Familiar with Jenkins, Artifactory and simple concepts of server networks
- Familiarity with build tools such as Maven, make ant, rake, or ivy.
- Proficiency in deploying software to production environments with minimal risk and downtime.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be self-motivated and exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management in English.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high levels of stress.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Strong understanding of programming concepts and best practices.
And possibly the following:
- Knowledge of the principles of Continuous Integration systems.
- Familiarity of ITIL, ITSM, and INFOSEC best practices
- Familiarity with AWS and Puppet
Then this is what your day will look like:
- Building software components from Java and Perl source code.
- Keeping current with new software improvement tools and applications
- Directing the deployment of software components to our production servers.
- Maintaining source code repositories and promote best practices.
- Contributing to the technical operations and projects with little direction
- Learning and seeking mentorship from senior level engineers in all departments.
- Acting as the technical resource for junior QA resources.
- Developing and maintain automated software build processes for Java leading to deployment-ready systems.
- Works with development teams to improve standards for software configuration.
- Participate in business and architectural meetings for future projects.
- Document process and procedures related to the deployment of software.
What we offer:
- Highly talented, professional and friendly team
- The ability to use cutting-edge technologies
- Introductory training
- Possibility for personal and professional growth
- Colorful offices in the city center
- Free soft drinks, fruit, tea, and coffee
- Social activities and very friendly working environment
- All benefits paid pursuant to relevant Serbian laws
If you are interested in this position, please send a covering letter and CV in English!