Document Controller – Jadar Project
Based in Belgrade, Serbia
- Opportunity to work in a world-class organization
- Join global projects group to deliver a major project that is business critical
- Exposure to a multi-disciplined team, including working within a global document control network
- Fixed-term contract
We are looking for a Document Controller to provide and ensure a proficient, effective, timely and quality document management and control service throughout the Project’s lifecycle, across dispersed teams, time-zones, and geographies, whilst being based in Serbia.
About the role
This role is a great opportunity to be involved with managing document control systems, activities and procedures to be used by project managers, coordinators, and contractors, to ensure document controls services meet company standards and governance requirements and to provide support to other project controls` team members when necessary.
Reporting to the Senior Advisor Project Data and Document Management, you will:
- Ensure compliance with Rio Tinto, external standards and Document management and Control guidance for major projects
- Provide a quality assurance function to the team in terms of accuracy and company standards in relation to document management and control processes and systems
- Be responsible for the control, capture, registration and dissemination of information to and from numerous sources across the Project team
- Liaise with document controllers, and other stakeholders, to ensure consistent principles are applied with the proper classification and identification of information
- Provide guidance and support to Project team in all document management and control best practices in accordance with global major projects` guidance
- Attend management team meetings to develop action plans for data management, control, capture and registration
- Track, manage and cleanse the document management and control sources to maintain a central structure, latest versions of business critical information and remove repeated information
- Aid project staff with creation of new documentation ensuring high consistency and quality– project cover sheets, numbering, revisions, review and sign-off process and final distribution
- Implement the required security model based on the stakeholder model
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor Degree
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience and applied knowledge in Document Control
- Experience in managing Document Control systems and processes
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Oral and written fluency in English and Serbian
- Experience working at/supporting a remote project site, an asset
- Broad understanding of project management and SAP, an asset
- Knowledge of Project-based software tools and systems, an asset
About the Jadar Project
The Jadar Project is a world-class lithium-borate deposit discovered by Rio Tinto in 2004. Jadar is a unique deposit near the town of Loznica, Serbia. It contains Jadarite - a new lithium sodium borosilicate mineral. Jadar is the only place in the world where this mineral can be found. Jadar has been ranked as one of the largest lithium deposits in the world with a potential to supply a significant amount of the global demand for lithium and boric acid. If developed, Jadar will be a modern underground mine with efficient processing and shipping facilities.
About Rio Tinto
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress. Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth's mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long-term prospects. We are committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It is how we grow – it is how you grow.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common: it is a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it is this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
Please note: in order to be successfully considered for a role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Deadline for applications: 25.10.2018.
Znate li nekog ko bi bio odličan za ovaj posao? Prosledite mu oglas!