We are looking for:
Assistant of General Ledger Accountant
Duration: 40 hours p/w for initially 6 months with possibility of extension
Start Date: As soon as possible
Assistant of General Ledger Accountant is based at Spark Belgrade, supports Spark finance team, and reports to General Ledger Accountant.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reconciling bank and cash accounts at the end of each month
- Reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts
- Processing accounts receivable and payable
- Correcting errors by posting adjusting journal entries
- Preparing fixed asset depreciation and maintaining inventory list
- Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions
- Recording day to day financial transactions and completing the posting process
- Understanding ledgers
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements
- Assisting with preparation and coordination of the audit process
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting, preferably within international environment
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- MS Excel proficiency
- Knowledge of bookkeeping software
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in maintaining financial records and following procedures
- Able to understand a financial statement
- Good oral and written language skills in English required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Legally permitted to work in Serbia
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- Contract for 40 hours a week for 6 months (with possibility to extend the contract)
- A net monthly salary between € 500 and € 800 depending on professional qualifications and experience
- On-the-job training opportunities
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org until the 26.07.2018. Please, with application send to us two references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
For questions about the vacancy, please contact email@example.com Assistant of General Ledger Accountant – Belgrade.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.