IPPF Serbia is recruiting a locally-based Administrative Officer. The Administrative Officer works under the overall direction of the Executive Director and programme Department, and is responsible for conduct and/or oversight of grants management, procurement, compliance, and human resources (HR) functions for IPPF Serbia.
- Design and maintain systems for efficient and effective administration of grants, including follow up of processes, maintaining filing systems, and managing the process of contracting goods and services. Assist in the implementation of the grants, ensure compliance requirements (IPPF EN) are met and established outcome reporting measure and documentation. Meet and communicate regularly with the financial manager on the financial status of the funding and provide feedback to the ED. Work closely with the Financial Manager in consolidation of operating budgets. Act as focal point for grant management (sub-agreement contracts, reports, reviews, researches, assessments). Review of budgets, contracts and agreements before forwarding to EN headquarters for approval. Ensure proper monthly and quarterly reports to donors are created and ensure proper filing of all reports for auditing purposes.
- Monitor grants management annual and individual work-plan to be in line with project objectives.
- Develop sub-grant documents and ensure proper administration of the sub grants to local partners in accordance with IPPF Serbia and donor requirements.
- Ensure that all expenses incurred are within the approved budgets and that approvals from the donor are requested when called for.
- Work closely with Advocacy and Program officer in providing program oversight to ensure compliance with grant requirements.
- Provide orientation to potential sub-recipients, lead the due diligence process and conduct overall project orientation with selected sub-recipients.
Grants Knowledge Database Management
- Develop and manage information resources, including databases. Create and manage standardized templates, procedures related to the program, information gathering/synthesis and donor grants reporting.
- Work closely with the M&E team in the collection of data and gather information to support reporting commitments and requirements, both narrative and financial. Assist with preparation of quality, timely reports as appropriate.
- Work closely with the M&E team to ensure the development and maintenance of database of key information regarding project's performance.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of work-plans.
- Ensure that files for employee contracts/agreements are maintained for incumbent employees. In accordance with IPPF Serbia policies and procedures and Serbian national laws and regulations, ensure that employees are provided all benefits due them under their contracts, including holidays and leave; health and other insurances; national social insurances included.
- Maintain leave records for employees; collaborate with payroll to ensure that time and attendance is recorded accurately and that employees plan and take leave within the time allowed.
- Collaborate with management and IPPF Serbia leadership to identify and conduct or provide training and professional enhancement opportunities for staff of all types and levels.
Supervision of Compliance Officer
- Assist developing job descriptions and work plans for the Compliance Officer and evaluate and document his/her performance on a periodic basis. Ensure that all necessary training is conducted and that supervisees are able to provide support during his or her absence.
Supervision of Procurement Officer
- Assist developing job descriptions and work plans for the Procurement Officer and evaluate and document his/her performance on a periodic basis. Ensure that all necessary training is conducted and that supervisees are able to provide support during his or her absence.
Team Membership and other duties as assigned
- Participate in IPPF Serbia team meetings, retreats ad workshops as required. Support the implementation of all IPPF Serbia program activities and deliverables.
- Other reasonable and appropriate duties as directed by direct supervisor.
- Degree in human resources and/or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in similar positions required; experience with IPPF funded international organizations strongly preferred.
- Must be based in Serbia with ability to travel in-country.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Good communication, organizational, and diplomatic skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent follow-up and attention to detail.