Senior Application Consultant
Do you find the financial markets exciting? Does using technology to deliver complex and demanding solutions appeal to you? Then look no further… Come make your career with us!
Fidelity Information Systems (FIS) is the world’s largest financial technology solutions provider. FIS’ more than 55,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward and keep them competitive through thought leadership, operational excellence and innovation. We help our clients transform disruption into opportunity, giving them the tools needed to thrive not just today, but in tomorrow’s financial world.
FIS Front Arena
At FIS Front Arena we have been building systems for financial trading, risk management and position control for 30 years. Our systems enable banks, hedge funds and other financial institutions make critical decisions with confidence, execute their orders and follow up their positions independent of the asset class: stocks, commodities, rates or FX. Whether the trade is done through an exchange or over the counter, we’ve got it covered. But that’s just part of the story. In short, we support the whole electronic trading process from sell-side to buy-side and front-to-back.
You will be part of our Professional Services team with focus on implementing our solutions that will be used to provide managed services to our global client base.
We are currently building a new managed service for which we will develop new set of applications. As a consultant in the team you will be challenged with a wide range of tasks, where gathering, understanding and implementing requirements from our global clients and solving problems is an integral part of the job. We offer you technical and functional challenges,. The development part mainly involves using Python and our proprietary integration frameworks and languages that facilitate easy integration and help shorten time to market.
In this cross-functional agile team, you will take full responsibility for the solution which includes continuous improvements and innovation. We believe that the best solutions are built when you can be proud of what you produce and the impact you make! By working closely with the clients you will get a deep understanding of market needs.
Much of the time is spent working in a team environment, off-site or at the customer, throughout various cities across Europe, thus readiness to travel is appreciated.
We strongly believe that passion for financial markets and programming are equally necessary! We know that we can accomplish a lot more together than as individuals so, are you a creative, passionate and a caring team player?
- MSc. in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field
- 3+ years of software solutions implementation with client facing role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Programming skills in object oriented languages; Python or similar
- Strong Quantitative/Mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to collaborate well at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to contribute in an international based team structure
- Drive to deliver high quality solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English
- An analytical thinker with an holistic approach to problem solving
- Driven and enjoy influencing the direction of your own development
- Collaborative and like to share knowledge
- Challenging existing mindsets and constantly looking for innovative ways of improving the things we do
- Willing to travel up to one week per Month
Bonus if you have
- Experience in financial markets
- Experience with Test Management, Test Coverage Optimization and Planning, Regression Testing
- Experience with Testing Frameworks E.g. Robot Framework
- Experience using the Microsoft technology stack
- Experienced with Front Arena
But most of all we expect you to have a genuine interest in solving technical and financial business related problems, communicating with clients and internal software development team to deliver high quality solutions! We are passionate about our work, but we also know that life balance is important and that a fun workplace breeds creativity and innovation!
Ready to start your journey with us?
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only following link in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered): Apply Here.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
Deadline for applications: 15.11.2018.